Grab a blanket and the esky for budget busting outdoor dining
Who says eating out has to be expensive? Forget splashing a load of cash at a fancy restaurant. There’s no better way to enjoy a bite to eat than sitting out in the sunshine with family, friends or your special someone. For a cheap and easy meal out, nothing beats these picnic spots in Morayfield.
Here’s 5 top picnic spots in Morayfield
Something for everyone
Pine Rivers Park in Strathpine is a must-do picnic spot that has something to entertain everyone in the family.
- Your picnicking needs are covered with lots of grassy open space, sheltered picnic tables and electric bbqs.
- There’s parking, toilets and loads of open space and walking paths, plenty of room for a game of football, cricket or whatever takes your fancy!
- The kids will love the playground which features a flying fox, pedal-powered train and children’s maze.
- Other playground features include a swings, see-saw, and helicopter style rotating rides.
Shake off the last of that winter chill and celebrate spring with a picnic at the beach.
- Head to family-friendly Scarborough Beach Park. This calm, surf-free beach is a great spot for families with young kids.
- Have fun enjoying a swim and exploring the rock pools, then venture up to Scarborough Park for a picnic.
- The park has a fabulous adventure playground, and the kids will love climbing in the majestic, winding cotton trees.
- Facilities include picnic shelters, electric bbqs, water fountains and toilets.
- There’s also a basketball court and lots of grassy space to enjoy.
Have a splash with your picnic
As the weather warms up, enjoy a splash with your picnic at Settlement Cove Lagoon in Redcliffe.
- With a spectacular man-made swimming lagoon, wading pools and beach showers, Settlement Cove Lagoon and parklands provide loads of opportunities to cool off.
- There’s picnic shelters and bbq areas to enjoy, along with some great children’s playgrounds.
- There’s also loads of paths and bikeways to enjoy a stroll, cycle or a scoot or roller blade.
- This wonderful area is free to use and a great spot for a fun and free family day out.
To get moving in the great outdoors, head to John Oxley Reserve.
- With a great shaded playground, John Oxley Reserve is one of the Moreton Bay region’s most loved parklands for families.
- There’s loads of parking, sheltered picnic tables, bbqs and a toilet block.
- Featuring over 10 hectares of space, take a stroll on the gorgeous 1.3km loop nature walk, the Carole Green walkway.
- This bush pathway leads to a beautiful boardwalk by the North Pine River. It’s mostly flat and shaded, and is great for kids.
- John Oxley Reserve also boasts five different sporting fields for soccer, rugby and athletics.
The perfect picnic spot
To get back to nature, you can’t go past Bullocky Rest on Lake Samsonvale.
- This scenic spot by the lake has numerous picnic shelters, bbqs and toilets. It’s a picturesque spot that’s perfect for a relaxing family day out.
- The kids will love the playground and the outdoor nature play, or you can go bushwalking and do a bit of turtle and koala spotting.
- There’s wide grassy spaces that are perfect for a fun game of Frisbee, cricket or footy.
- While you can’t go swimming, Bullocky Rest is a fab fishing spot, so if you fancy a spot of fishing, apply for a permit here.
So shake off the last of the winter weather! When the sun’s shining, pack a picnic to enjoy a fun, free day out with friends and family at one of these awesome picnic spots in Morayfield.