Throw the party of their dreams – on a budget!
Kids can be a tough crowd! It can be hard to throw a party that will impress and entertain the little ones when you’re on a budget. But with a little imagination, it’s certainly possible! Here’s 5 guaranteed-to-please kids party ideas for little ones in Morayfield.
Host your own outdoor cinema
This is one of many kids party ideas that provides the magic of a cinema experience in your very own backyard.
- Put some effort into getting creative with your setup, and your little party guests will feel like superstars. Then you get to sit down and chill out while they feast on some snacks and enjoy the movie!
- Step 1: get hold of a good projector – dragging your big screen TV outside just isn’t going to cut it! If you can’t borrow one from a friend, get in touch with Mobile Home Entertainment, who have projectors, screens and all sorts of audio visual equipment for hire in the Moreton Bay area.
- Step 2: the movie screen. If you don’t have a nice blank wall you can project your movie on, try hanging up a big sheet – otherwise try to loan or hire a projection screen.
- Step 3: use picnic rugs, low folding chairs and bean bags to create a cinema chill out zone.
- Step 4: Choose the movie! Be sure to play it safe and be mindful of the movie rating and your guest’s ages. Check out Common Sense Media for some handy hints, tips and reviews when it comes to kids movies.
- Step 5: Add some glamour and glitz! Ramp up the movie night fun with a ‘red carpet’ arrival area complete with some DIY photo booth fun! Your imagination is the limit here, and you needn’t spend much cash at all to get a fabulous look!
- Set up a fabric backdrop, grab some fun dress-up props like glasses and moustaches from your local discount store, and have an older sibling or friend play the role of photographer. Then get set for smiles, camera, action!
Little ladies (and perhaps even the mini gents!) will delight in the magic of a tea party.
Let the kids get back to nature and go a little wild in the great outdoors.
- Head to some favourite local picnic spots like Brennan Park in Bongaree and Bullocky Rest, where the kids can enjoy the surrounding bushland or waterfront.
- Throw some sausages on the BBQ and help the kids work up an appetite by taking them on a guided bush walk.
- To inject a little competitive fun, perhaps add the challenge of a DIY scavenger hunt!
Have a magical birthday
Wish you could just wave a magic wand and have your child’s party sorted? Well we can’t do that for you, but we do have some top tips for the best kids party ideas!
Kids have always got energy to burn, and a good old fashioned outdoor sports party is one of the many kids party ideas that will keep them happy for hours!