Save big bucks buying and servicing your car
Whether you’re after a new car or need yours serviced or repaired, here’s some top tips for finding big discounts for a cheap car in Newcastle and the Hunter.
Finding a cheap car in Newcastle
Going, going, gone!
- Get a great deal on a cheap car in Newcastle by buying at the car auctions.
- Customers can find some good bargains, but be sure to keep your cool and do your homework first.
- Know the true value of the make and model you’re bidding. Consider attending a few auctions as an observer before you try bidding.
- This way you’ll be less intimidated by the often frenzied environment, and can stay firm on sticking to your maximum price when bidding.
- Head to Valley Motor Auctions in Cardiff, who auction more than 400 cars a week.
- Their auctions are at noon on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, or 5pm on Thursdays.
- Another way to save some big cash on buying your new car is to through a private sale.
- Skip the fancy overhead costs of buying through a used car dealer, and head online for private car sale listings around Newcastle on sites like Trading Post, Gumtree or Car Sales.
- By narrowing your search to a cheap car in Newcastle for sale privately, you’ll save time and money and make it easy for you to go and see the car you’re interested in.
- It’s also often a good idea to have a pre-purchase inspection done. You can then rest assured there’s no significant issues with your potential new car.
- Contact the NRMA who can conduct a mobile pre-purchase inspection near you in Newcastle to give you peace of mind.
Savings on servicing and repairs
Go online for great discounts
- There’s just no need to pay retail prices for car servicing and auto repairs nowadays.
- Check sites like Groupon and Shop A Docket for some hefty savings.
- Current discount offers around Newcastle include:
Ask the Guru
- Auto Guru is a great online service that lets you compare car service, inspection and repair costs from over 1600 mechanics all around Australia.
- Their network includes businesses all around Mayfield, Jesmond, Hamilton and Cardiff.
- You’ll be given quotes from a range of providers around Newcastle and will have the peace of mind of knowing what it’ll cost upfront.
- There’s often some great discount coupons and deals on offer too.
Skip dealer servicing – it’s a myth!
- Lucky enough to have a brand new car? Don’t be fooled into believing that you have to have it serviced through the dealership to keep your car manufacturer’s warranty intact.
- Use our tips above to shop around for the best servicing deal and stick with a trusted mechanic.
- Use them to ensure your car is serviced and the log book completed in line with the schedule and specifications in your owner’s manual or warranty logbook.
- Parts don’t have to be genuine to keep the warranty intact, but ask for an itemised account for all work done. That way, if there’s ever a problem with the parts used, the repairer or part manufacturer will be responsible.