Socialising on a budget in Sydney CBD with these great cheap weekend activities!
Cheap weekend activities really are possible. You don’t have to miss out on fun with friends when you’re not flash with cash.
Here’s some low budget ideas for kicking back with your mates this weekend.
Cheap eats in Sydney CBD
You don’t have to skip dining out when you can’t splash the cash.
- There’s a few great cheap eats around Sydney CBD where you and your mates can enjoy a fun and tasty meal together, even on a budget.
- Local cheap eats include The Two Wolves on Broadway in Chippendale, Friggitoria in Kings Cross and Thai Potong in Newtown.
Boozing on a budget
You can still enjoy a few drinks without having to splash too much cash.
- Head to your favourite Sydney city local to get your night started early. The drinks are often cheaper earlier in the night, when you can hopefully grab a happy hour special and a few cheap cocktails.
- Head to Ashfield RSL or Club Burwood RSL and you can save the cab fare home by catching the free courtesy bus instead.
Get fit with your friends
Catching up with friends doesn’t have to be all about eating and drinking – why not combine socialising with a workout?
- There’s loads a fun and free ways you and your mates can get fit together in Sydney CBD.
- Take a hike together on the stunning Bondi to Coogee coastal walk, or enjoy some of these other walks around the Sydney CBD.
- Get on your bikes and explore Inner Sydney by cycling.
- Or if you’re brave enough, tackle a free fun run together! Head to St Peters for the local Park Run at 8am every Saturday morning.
- It’s the perfect way to kick start your weekend, and you and your mates can enjoy a coffee together afterwards.
A night of Trivia at your local pub has something for everyone.
- Whether you’re a general knowledge whizz or can’t stand quizzes – it’s all about the fun and banter of hanging out with your mates and enjoying a few laughs.
- You don’t have to be an expert on current affairs or international politics. Pub trivia is more about pop culture – the music, sports, celebrities and TV shows that you love.
- So grab a gang of friends and head to your closest trivia night in Sydney CBD – there’s plenty to choose from, every night of the week!
- It’s a fabulous, fun and free way to get together for a few laughs and pick up a few fun facts along the way. Who knows – you could even win a cash prize!
Head to the flicks for next to nix
Going to the cinema can cost a small fortune – but it doesn’t have to.
So, how are you catching up with your mates this week in Sydney CBD? Share your free and cheap weekend activities ideas!
If you are in need of a quick cash loan to fund your next big weekend, call City Finance Sydney CBD branch on (02) 9212 2267 or apply online now.