Fast track your way to smart savings success and more cash!
The New Year is here (already!) and with it the promise of new beginnings. But before you get carried away with a heap of promises to yourself that you’ll undoubtedly break, have a think about these 5 good reasons NOT to make New Year’s resolutions. Let’s be real – they’re usually pipe dreams that are long forgotten by February!
But here’s one resolution you SHOULD make!
Make 2018 the year you get on top of your finances and control your cash.
Here’s 5 fast, easy ways to kick your financial goals in 2018
- So the glittery Christmas dust has settled and you’ve found your bank account empty after the fun of the holiday season. Welcome to the club!
- Just imagine how good it will feel to take control of your cash and start next year with a much healthier bank balance!
Set a budget
We know it sounds boring. And tough! But trust us – budgeting is easy when you know how.
- Follow these 3 quick steps to set a budget and you’ll soon have a clear picture of where your cash is at.
- Be sure to include all of your income, from the cash you earn from work, Centrelink payments, your pension or child support payments.
- Tally all of your expenses. Include everything from rent, bills, insurances, groceries, transport and car expenses, as well as school and child care fees, entertainment, and your daily coffee fix.
- There are loads of free budgeting apps and budget planners you can use to create your budget.
Track your way to success
Now that you’ve set your budget, it’s important that you stick to it!
- Keeping track of every cent you spend is a sure way to help keep your cash on track.
- Carry a small notebook in your wallet or handbag, or use a handy app like Track My Spend. Make a note of every dollar you spend.
- This is especially important when you’re a student, are unemployed, on a low income or government benefits, and every cent counts.
Decide on a goal
What it is that you want to conquer with your cash this financial year?
- Perhaps you want to eliminate your debt, get on top of your bills, or save for a special treat like a holiday or new car.
- Whatever your goal – identify it, write it down, share it with your friends and family to help make yourself accountable.
Save your way to success
With your goal firmly in your sights – start saving for it!
- Get a savings plan together so you can make your dream a reality.
- This handy savings goal calculator to get closer to your savings goal sooner.
- Everyone can save! Even if you’re on a low income, government benefits or are a student, we can all set a little aside each week.
Get savvy with your spending
- Don’t let your hard work budgeting, tracking and saving go to waste by splurging on luxuries.
- Instead, focus on and make do with what you do have, and think how happy and proud you’ll be when your hard work pays off and you achieve your financial goals.
- For smart savings tips check out these ways to make your money go further, and 5 things to stop paying for, right now!
Need some fast cash to see you through?
- Reaching your New Year’s financial goals takes a little discipline and patience – but you can do it!
- If you need access to some fast cash to see you through in the meantime, City Finance can help.
- Apply online today, or pop into your local branch for a chat with our friendly staff. We’re here to help!