Free and easy exercise ideas the whole family enjoying fitness in Narre Warren
The family that plays together, stays together! Have some fun exercising together and enjoying a few laughs with your family. It needn’t cost you a cent, and you’ll all enjoy the feel-good vibe.
Here’s some great fun and free ways to get the whole family moving
Hit the park
Have a ball running around the local park – take a ball, frisbee, cricket set or whatever you fancy!
- For that added fitness burst, the Narre Warren area has lots of great parks kitted out with fun, stimulating and challenging fitness circuits.
- Parks where fitness equipment is available include Alisma Boulevarde Reserve in Cranbourne and Central Road Reserve in Hampton Park – or check out the online guide to find the one nearest you.
- Let your furry four legged family member join in the fun of fitness in Narre Warren! You can walk your dog off the leash in most parks in the City of Casey, except some reserves in Berwick, Cranbourne, Hallam and Hampton Park as listed on the council’s website.
- Parks where your dog can happily play include Selandra Boulevard Reserve in Clyde North and Kalora Park Oval in Narre Warren.
- Check out this handy guide to off-leash dog parks and beaches around Narre Warren.
Family Fun Run
Got some little joggers in the family? Make it a family affair!
- Take a regular fun run together, without the usual expensive entry fees.
- Jump on the Park Run Every Saturday you can head to your nearest site to join a free 5km run.
- There’s a Park Run each week at Berwick Springs.
On your bike!
Grab a bike and a helmet for each member of the family, and head for a Sunday cycle.
Get back to nature
Take a bushwalk with the family. It’s free and fun, and a great way to enjoy a chat together while you exercise.
- You don’t have to venture any further than your own backyard to enjoy a workout with the family.
- Create an outdoor obstacle course, play a game of ‘tip’ or have a family tug-of-war.
- You could also set up your own putt-putt golf course or have a water pistol fight!
- Whatever you and the kids enjoy – you needn’t look any further than your own backyard!
For those days when it’s pouring with rain or you’re stuck at home – you and the kids can still enjoy some exercise together indoors.
- Jump online to sites like YouTube and Vimeo and search for family or kids workouts – there’s millions to choose from, for free!
- Or why not borrow a fitness DVD from your local Narre Warren area library? You can burn 500 kilojoules doing a 20-minute resistance-training circuit in your lounge room.
- You could also play a Wii or Play Station sports game that gets you moving – the kids will love it!
So no matter where you are, or whatever the weather, there’s loads of fun and free ways you can get your family moving along the road to fitness in Narre Warren, without busting your budget. Get started today!