On your bike!
Whether you like to take a leisurely weekend cycle with the family, use your bike to get around town daily, or are a serious cyclist with a passion for long rides, there is a lot to offer when it comes to cycling in Logan.
Benefits of cycling
Jumping on your bike has loads of benefits, including
- building fitness and strength
- saving you cash on vehicle, fuel and registration expenses
- getting you out of the traffic
- letting you enjoy and take in your gorgeous surrounds
- quiet, pollution free and kind to the environment
Planning your cycle around Logan
To make the most of using your bike to get around time, it’s important to take the time to plan your ride before you set out.
Get social with your cycling in Logan
It’s a good idea to learn how to do safety checks and also maintenance on your own bike.
- Bicycle Queensland run 2 hour Bike Maintenance Workshops which will teach you handy tips such as
- Five things to check every time you ride – brakes, tyres, wheels, gears and chain
- How to fix a flat tyre
- Four easy bike tune up tricks
- And to be sure you know how to check your own bike and equipment, check out this handy bicycle safety check list.
Keen to take your cycling to another level?
If cycling is a passion that you’re keen to share with like-minded mates, then get in touch with the Logan Cycling Club.
- A fun community club, they offer quality training, run club championships and race events, social events and much more.
- So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, they can help you take your cycling to the next level.
Why not become a member?
- If you’re keen to formalise your membership of the cycling fraternity, then think about joining Bicycle Queensland.
- You’ll get access to some great cycling events, bike maintenance workshops, insurance cover, discounts and more.
So go on – jump on your bike, and get cycling in Logan!