Keep the kids entertained without busting your budget
School holidays are here again! Keeping the kids entertained can be exhausting – and expensive. And if you’re unemployed or trying to get by on a low income, keeping the kids entertained on your tight budget can be a real challenge.
Beat boredom without needing to blow a load of cash on expensive outings and entertainment – here’s some fun, free or cheap ideas!
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by the City of Swan Libraries.
Nothing wears the kids out better than a fun day of swimming fun.
- Dive right in to the Swan Park Leisure Centre, and splash into some fun this Spring.
- As well as their heated lap pools, there’s a beach style leisure pool and shaded outdoor pools including the kids bubble pool.
- There’s also bbqs that are free to use. Pack some cold drinks and snacks in the Esky, and the kids will be both happy and well fed!
Hit the park
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper! – than heading to your local park for hours of fun!
- Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back and work off all of that excess energy!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the City of Swan parks directory to venture to a new spot?
- Woodridge Riverside Park is a great playspace that offers something for everyone, including a playground with water play feature, flying fox and picnic areas.
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book – if you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!
On your bike!
Once the kids have had enough of the park and are ready for a change of scene, hit the bike path!
Check out what’s happening at your local shopping centre these holidays.
- There’s loads of fun craft, gardening and face painting activities for the kids at Spring Shopping Centre in Beechboro. Spring into Spring in week 1 of the holidays, or check out the critters and heroes in week 2!
- And at Galleria in Morley, there’s loads of fun daily with Shopkins and The Wiggles!
- Many other centres offer free and fun activities for the kids, including crafts, face painting, shows, craft and entertainment.
- Just remember to leave your wallet at home so you’re not tempted to bust your holiday budget on some unexpected shopping!