Top tips for cashing in
Everyone wants to be a winner of a competition. Whether it’s cold, hard cash, a holiday, or just a meat tray in a raffle – it’s great to grab a win of some sort.
Some wannabe winners devote hours of their time to the competition cause. The opportunities to win are everywhere – from breakfast TV or the back of a cereal box to your social media newsfeed.
So, wanna be a winner?
Here’s a few top tips you can take in your stride
Didn’t scratch up a winner?
The thrill of those scratch lottery tickets is quite contagious.
- But if you didn’t scratch yourself a winning ticket this time, you don’t have to splash your cash on another ticket to be in with another chance to win.
- Don’t throw your non-winning scratch lotto ticket away! There’s an extra chance to win, and most Aussies don’t know about it (or are too lazy to enter!).
- If you take the time to read the fine print on the back of your scratchies ticket, you’ll notice that most of them are eligible to enter a second chance draw.
- So if you don’t scratch up some instant cash, you still have a chance to win big.
- Like this lucky NSW winner – he won $10,000 in a second chance draw from his non-winning scratch lotto ticket not once but twice, just a month apart!
Wanna know where you can win?
- There’s several websites that take the hard work out of finding the best competitions to enter.
- Jump online and let the winning begin! Get the wrap-up of the latest and greatest comps at websites including:
- You can even search for competitions in your State or Territory, look for comps that are giving away the prizes you’d most like to win, and narrow your competition search to the type you like you best, such as creative comps or SMS entries.
Win just by being social!
Win big by doing little more than scrolling.
- Your social media newsfeed is a great place to start winning.
- Like or follow your favourite big brands and companies. Most of them are fast embracing the trend of using their social media channels to build a following through offering great giveaways.
- You could win big on anything and everything from your favourite brands, just by getting social online!
Be witty, not lazy!
Many Aussies are too lazy to enter those ‘tell us in 25 words or less’ competitions.
- Creative comps like these are a great way to get yourself in with a chance to win!
- When writing your 25 words or less entry, the top tips for winning ways are
- be witty, fun and upbeat
- don’t be negative
- get your spelling correct
- stick to the word limit
- and submit your entry on time
So go on – start winning today!