The holidays are here! That means it’s time to come up with some boredom busting ideas that will keep the kids happy during the school holidays in Gosford without busting your budget.
Fun, free or cheap school holiday entertainment around the Central Coast
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by Gosford Libraries.
Let the kids explore their creative side at Gosford Regional Gallery.
- Free kids activities including drawing in the garden, and tales from the treehouse in the Japanese garden.
- There’s also some low cost art workshops the kids can enjoy, including weaving, cartooning, sketching and painting.
- Check the school holiday program brochure for details and booking information.
Free fun at Lake Haven
There’s lots of free fun for the kids these holidays at Lake Haven shopping centre.
- Little Lego fans will love the Bob’s Build it Bricks Turns Ninja workshops. These run from 10am – 2pm in the first week of the holidays, right in front of Kmart during school holidays in Gosford.
- In the second week of the holidays, kids can marvel at the creepy crawlies in the reptile and deadly snake shows. These will run daily in front of Kmart at 10:30am, 12pm and 2:30pm.
- Colouring in fans can enter to win a family pass to the Emjoi movie at Metro Cinemas. Grab an entry form here for kids under 7 or kids 7 and over, and you can collect free colour pencils from the centre.
Hit the park
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper! – than heading to your local Gosford or Central Coast park for hours of fun!
- Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back. They can work off all of that excess energy during the school holidays in Gosford!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the Central Coast parks directory to venture to a new spot?
- Check out the fabulous Peninsula Recreation Precinct at Umina Beach, and don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book – if you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!
On your bike!
Once the kids have had enough of the park and need a change of scene, hit the bike path!