Cash-free fun to wear the kids out!
When you need to entertain the kids and are on a low income and tight budget – hit the park! It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper – than heading to one of these fab local parks around Gosford and the Central Coast for hours of fun!
Here’s 10 top kids parks around Gosford
- A big hit with the kids
There’s something to thrill everyone at Umina Beach Park in the Peninsula Recreation Precinct at Umina Beach.
- Surrounded by sports fields and alongside the beach, this fabulous playground features separate play zones for toddlers, younger and older kids.
- There’s a fenced pirate themed zone, giant spider web and rock climbing wall, flying fox, musical and sensory play equipment.
- Older kids will love the basketball court, skate park and dirt bike tracks.
- Perfect for little ones
For toddler time entertainment, head to Wamberal Park.
- While there’s also equipment to entertain older kids, little one will love climbing and hiding out in the fort, and enjoy the slide, swings, and flying fox.
- There’s also a great path for scooters and a giant spider web to climb.
- Play with the pelicans
Lions Park in Woy Woy.
- This partially fenced playground has soft fall flooring and includes a play frame with a slide, a rope bridge, monkey bars and spring ride on characters.
- The Fisherman’s Co-Op nearby makes this a great spot for some pelican spotting!
- Have a splash and cool off!
The kids can have fun and a splash at Kibble Park in Gosford.
- Featuring a man-stream they can explore, there’s also a colourful climbing ball, spinning frame, slides and see-saw.
- There’s a separate play zone for younger kids, and lots of open space to run around or enjoy a picnic.
- Something for everyone
There’s something for everyone at Bill Sohier Park in Ourimbah.
- Little ones will love exploring the dinosaur bones sculpture, tunnel, slide and swings.
- And there’s plenty to occupy older kids too, including a flying fox, climbing nets and bridges, group swing and slides.
- Picture-perfect play by the sea
The kids will enjoy having a swim then a play afterwards at Canton Beach Playground.
- Fenced and shaded, this playground is a great escape on hot sunny days.
- There’s lots of play equipment favourites and nature play, providing a sensory playground that’s suitable for all ages.
- Enjoy the serenity
For a relaxing, tranquil spot that will still entertain the kids – head to Elizabeth Ross Park in East Gosford.
- With equipment including a flying fox, ladybug slide, timber swings and toadstools set in an enchanted garden, there’s also lots of open grassy space to enjoy ball games or a picnic,
- Located near the Japanese Gardens, the cherry blossom trees provide a Japanese feel to this playground.
- Waterfront playtime
Kids will enjoy the fun in popular Broadwater Park in Kincumber.
- Positioned next to the busy bike and walking path around the waterfront, this playground features several swings, slides, spinners and a see-saw.
- Suitable for both toddlers and older children, a path meandering through the playground is perfect for little ones learning to scoot or cycle.
- Or for more waterfront playtime….
Head to Memorial Park in the heart of The Entrance foreshore.
- Along with the usual favourites including a climbing frame and slides, the big drawcard here is Vera’s Water Garden.
- This colourful water play space has fun fountains and a paddling pool to delight the kids.
- There’s also a giant chessboard!
- Fun for all abilities
There’s something for everyone at Saltwater Creek Reserve at Long Jetty.
- With a liberty swing for wheelchairs, this large fenced playground has lots of challenging climbing frames and equipment for adventurous kids, along with separate zones for younger ones.
- A sandpit offers digging fun, and there’s lots of swings, slides and a big see-saw.