Fun ideas to make your time without power fly by
When a storm hits and you’re suddenly left without power, you quickly realise how much you rely on it! What do you do to pass the time?
We took a poll in the City Finance office of the best things to do in a blackout and this is what we came up with. So come on Australia, what are your ideas? Throw us your suggestions – let’s help our South Australian mates out!
- Michael’s top idea: Have a candlelit dinner
- Get your romance on – light a few candles and set the scene for a romantic meal.
- Without the TV to distract you, you’ll be able to focus entirely on your dining companions and have some good old fashioned conversation!
- Kirrily’s top idea: Play murder in the dark
- David’s top idea: Go board instead of bored!
- Crack out your favourites from the games cupboard.
- Rally the troops – be they family, flatmates or friends – and enjoy a few hours of board game fun.
- Our favourites include Monopoly, Cluedo, and let’s not forget good old Scrabble.
- Or grab a deck of cards and enjoy a poker night instead.
- Andrew’s top idea: Read a book (yawn!)
- Finally pick up and start that book that you’ve been meaning to read for ages!
- Reading is the perfect way to zone out and pass the time for a few hours.
- Gee’s top idea: Catch up on chores (bigger yawn!)
- Ok, so admittedly this is far less interesting than our other ideas, but it does make the most of an opportunity to catch up on your odd jobs!
- Clean out your linen cupboard or that pesky junk drawer, or sort out your wardrobe or filing cabinet.
- Or spend the time on yourself instead – give yourself a DIY facial, manicure or pedicure, and bliss out!
So, how do you pass the time in a blackout?
Let’s help our mates in South Australia out – head to our Facebook page and throw us your suggestions!