Father’s Day is your chance to give Dad a little something that shows how much you love and appreciate him.
Sure, you often hit him up to loan some cash. But that might not be a good look when it comes to arranging Dad’s Father’s Day gift!
You don’t have to spend any money to show Dad how much he means to you.
Here’s 10 Father’s Day gifts you can make for free
Create a funny facts file
- This free printable template is a quick and easy way to write Dad a fun fact file.
- It’s a gift that will give him a good laugh and warm his heart.
- We all know the way to a man’s heart is through his belly.
- Make Dad his favourite meal – be it bolognese or burgers, he’ll love the fact that it’s been made with love.
The gift that keeps on giving
- Create some gift coupons for Dad to enjoy redeeming for things like breakfast in bed, control of the TV remote, hugs – or even a promise that you’ll be quiet for 24 whole hours!
- Check out these free printable gift coupon for Father’s Day
- Colour Dad’s day with a fun and creative artwork that he’ll love.
- Perhaps create a portrait of Dad. But don’t worry, you don’t have to be Picasso.
- If painting or drawing isn’t your thing, you could use collage or photography to create an artwork that Dad can hang in pride of place.
- Spend some time collating your favourite family photos and spend some time with Dad re-living all of those special memories.
- If you’re good with technology you could create a special Father’s Day photo slideshow set to music. Dad will love it!
Be his personal help desk
- If Dad isn’t much of a technical whizz, give him the gift of some tech help.
- Whether he needs some help setting up smart phone apps or customising his laptop settings, spend some time showing Dad the ropes with some technology that will help make his life simpler and easier.
- What more could Dad want than to spend time with you – while he gets to watch the game?
- Make Dad king for a day by kicking back on the couch to enjoy watching his favourite sport together.
- Make a few of Dad’s favourite snacks and chill out over the game – with Dad as couch commentator, of course!
Give him the day off
- Most Dads lose a lot of their weekend to all of those pesky chores that have to be done around the place.
- Do them for Dad! Mow the lawn and get that weeding done, so Dad has no choice but to kick back and relax.
Make a show of yourself
- Whether you’re a musical maestro, singing sensation or a dazzling dancer, put on a special Father’s Day performance.
- Dad will have the best seat in the house and love enjoying your song and dance show.
- It’s not just Mums who enjoy a little pampering every now and then. Dad deserves some too!
- Give Dad a blokey bath time. Make him some of this aromatic coffee body scrub, and he can really bliss out!
Whichever you choose, there’s loads of fun, free and easy ways to show Dad how much he means to you this Father’s Day.
To all the Dads out there, a very happy Father’s Day from all the team at City Finance!