Jump onto these free deals from Gold Coast City Council
Many of us don’t give the local council much thought – we tend to just think of them as the ones who empty our rubbish bins or fix potholes in the road. So you might be surprised to learn of these great free programs and services that Gold Coast City Council offer to locals.
- Get active for free
The Active and Healthy program offers a wide variety of physical activities and healthy living programs for everyone to enjoy.
- These activities are a great way to get active, enjoy your local parks and facilities, and make new friends.
- From boxing and bushwalking to soccer, rock climbing and yoga, some activities are free, others cost just a few dollars.
- Check the full program for details.
- Teen time
Teens between 12 and 17 years old have a free and fun place to hang out at Thrower House in Palm Beach.
- Providing an opportunity for young people to participate in a wide range of free activities, Thrower House facilities include
- computers with internet access and Microsoft Office suite
- sports equipment including basketball, pool and tennis tables
- preparation for learner driver test
- help with resume writing and homework help
- Check out the after school and Saturday activity program – all free.
- Free legal advice
Not many of us can afford a fancy lawyer when we need legal help.
- Get a free tree!
If your garden is due for an upgrade, grab yourself a free tree!
- Houses are eligible for 2 free trees. Apartment buildings can receive up to 10 trees – and schools up to 50!
- Check the website for days and times, and head to the City of Gold Coast nursery on Shelter Road at Coombabah.
- Art lovers unite
Those with a passion for art can indulge it for free at the Gallery in the Gold Coast Arts Centre.
- One of Australia’s most prominent public Regional Galleries, they present a lively program of exhibitions and events – both within The Arts Centre building and beyond into the parkland of the Cultural Precinct.
- And unless specified for particular exhibitions, entry is free.
- Head to 135 Bundall Rd, Surfers Paradise.