Jump onto these free deals from Logan City Council
Many of us don’t give the local council much thought – we tend to just think of them as the ones who empty our rubbish bins or fix potholes in the road. So you might be surprised to learn of these great free programs and services that Logan City Council offer to locals.
- Turn your trash into cash
As they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
- Celebrate National Recycling week and head the free fun family day at the Logan Waste Fair.
- On Sunday 12 November between 10am and 2pm, head to the Logan Recycling Markets at Browns Plains Landfill, 349 Browns Plains Road, Heritage Park.
- Bring your family and friends and be a part of this exciting, interactive and free event.
- Activities include
- displays of the heavy machinery used at the Browns Plains Landfill;
- behind the scenes guided bus tours of the tip and recycling facilities;
- workshops in composting, worm farming and recycling;
- watch residents and artists build a model Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) out of recycling market items;
- visit the recycling market coffee shop
- Grab an information flyer
- Get active for free
The Live Well Logan program offers a wide variety of physical activities and healthy living programs for everyone to enjoy.
- These activities are a great way to get active, enjoy your local parks and facilities, and make new friends.
- From boxing and bushwalking to soccer, rock climbing and yoga, all activities are either free or a maximum cost of just $3.
- Check the full program for details.
- Does your dog need training?
If your furry friend needs to brush up on his manners before your next trip to the dog park, then this free pet education session is for you!
- On Saturday 12 November from 9am – 11am, head to the Animal Management Centre at 213 Queens Road, Kingston.
- This free education session on dog body language and behaviour will give owners some top tips and techniques to use with your dog.
- To book, phone 3412 5397 or email [email protected] Refreshments will be served and a lucky door prizes will be drawn at each event.
- See here for a video sneak peek!
- One for the animal lovers
If you’re passionate about animal welfare – or perhaps looking for a new family pet – take a free tour of the council’s animal management centre.
- These free tours run at 10am every Monday at 213 Queens Road, Kingston.
- Beginning with a short briefing session, you’ll have the opportunity to become involved in the centre’s volunteer or foster care programs, and view the animals available for sale.
- Spaces are limited – register by calling 07 3412 5397 or by visiting the Animal Management Centre in person.
- Breakfast with the birds
The early bird catches the worm – and a free breakfast!
- To celebrate National Bird Week, experience the magic of a dawn chorus and take a leisurely bird walk.
- Head to Eagleby at 6:30am on Saturday 22nd
- This all ages and family-friendly event includes a free BBQ breakfast.
- Book online and enjoy getting back to nature.