Throw the party of their dreams – on a budget!
Kids can be a tough crowd! It can be hard to throw a party that will impress and entertain the little ones when you’re on a budget. But with a little imagination, it’s certainly possible!
Here’s 5 guaranteed-to-please party ideas for Gold Coast kids.
- Host your own outdoor cinema
There’s nothing quite like the magic of the cinema experience in your very own backyard.
- Put some effort into getting creative with your setup, and your little party guests will feel like superstars. Then you get to sit down and chill out while they feast on some snacks and enjoy the movie!
- Step 1: get hold of a good projector – dragging your big screen TV outside just isn’t going to cut it! If you can’t borrow one from a friend, get in touch with Mobile Home Entertainment, who have projectors, screens and all sorts of audio visual equipment for hire on the Gold Coast.
- Step 2: the movie screen. If you don’t have a nice blank wall you can project your movie on, try hanging up a big sheet – otherwise try to loan or hire a projection screen.
- Step 3: use picnic rugs, low folding chairs and bean bags to create a cinema chill out zone.
- Step 4: Choose the movie! Be sure to play it safe and be mindful of the movie rating and your guest’s ages. Check out Common Sense Media for some handy hints, tips and reviews when it comes to kids movies.
- Step 5: Add some glamour and glitz! Ramp up the movie night fun with a ‘red carpet’ arrival area complete with some DIY photo booth fun! Your imagination is the limit here, and you needn’t spend much cash at all to get a fabulous look!
- Set up a fabric backdrop, grab some fun dress-up props like glasses and moustaches from your local discount store, and have an older sibling or friend play the role of photographer. Then get set for smiles, camera, action!
- Tea party
Little ladies (and perhaps even the mini gents!) will delight in the magic of a tea party.
- Go wild!
Let the kids get back to nature and go a little wild in the great outdoors.
- Head to some favourite local picnic spots that are a little off the beaten track. Try spots like Hinze Dam and the Coombabah Parklands, where the kids can enjoy the surrounding bushland and waterfront.
- Throw some sausages on the BBQ and help the kids work up an appetite by taking them on a guided bush walk.
- To inject a little competitive fun, perhaps add the challenge of a DIY scavenger hunt!
- Have a magical birthday
Wish you could just wave a magic wand and have your child’s party sorted? Well we can’t do that for you, but we do have some top tips!
- Sporting fun
Kids have always got energy to burn, and a good old fashioned outdoor sports party will keep them happy for hours!