Throw the party of their dreams – on a budget!
Kids can be a tough crowd! It can be hard to throw a party that will impress and entertain the little ones when you’re on a budget. But with a little imagination, it’s certainly possible!
Here’s 5 guaranteed-to-please party ideas for Midland kids.
- Host your own outdoor cinema
There’s nothing quite like the magic of the cinema experience in your very own backyard.
- Put some effort into getting creative with your setup, and your little party guests will feel like superstars. Then you get to sit down and chill out while they feast on some snacks and enjoy the movie!
- Step 1: get hold of a good projector – dragging your big screen TV outside just isn’t going to cut it! If you can’t borrow one from a friend, get in touch with Hire King in Balcatta, who have projectors, screens and all sorts of audio visual equipment for hire in the Midland area.
- Step 2: the movie screen. If you don’t have a nice blank wall you can project your movie on, try hanging up a big sheet – otherwise try to loan or hire a projection screen.
- Step 3: use picnic rugs, low folding chairs and bean bags to create a cinema chill out zone.
- Step 4: Choose the movie! Be sure to play it safe and be mindful of the movie rating and your guest’s ages. Check out Common Sense Media for some handy hints, tips and reviews when it comes to kids movies.
- Step 5: Add some glamour and glitz! Ramp up the movie night fun with a ‘red carpet’ arrival area complete with some DIY photo booth fun! Your imagination is the limit here, and you needn’t spend much cash at all to get a fabulous look!
- Set up a fabric backdrop, grab some fun dress-up props like glasses and moustaches from your local discount store, and have an older sibling or friend play the role of photographer. Then get set for smiles, camera, action!
- Tea party
Little ladies (and perhaps even the mini gents!) will delight in the magic of a tea party.
- Choose your theme – you could go with some pretty florals, some bright colours and confetti, or perhaps a Mad Hatter theme.
- Whatever theme you go with, grab your decorations and party supplies from discount stores like Kmart and Big W in Midland.
- You’ll also get some great fabrics, lace and party supplies from Spotlight Midland. Make some gorgeous ribbon and lace decorations and paper pom poms to create a pretty and festive vibe.
- Then get baking! Head to Big Bubble Cake Decorating Supplies in Midland for unique and specialty cake decorating supplies.
- And if your budget can manage it and you’d like someone to instead take care of everything for you, contact Antiquitea Perth who can create the ultimate high tea party for you!
- Go wild!
Let the kids get back to nature and go a little wild in the great outdoors.
- Have a magical birthday
Wish you could just wave a magic wand and have your child’s party sorted? Well we can’t do that for you, but we do have some top tips!
- Sporting fun
Kids have always got energy to burn, and a good old fashioned outdoor sports party will keep them happy for hours!
- Head to your local Midland park – pick a spot that has some covered picnic tables, toilet facilities and perhaps some free bbqs you can use for some cheap and easy food to fill those hungry tummies!
- Create your own sports themed invites to set the scene for a fun time.
- Pack plenty of water and sunscreen, and remember to ask your party guests to wear sports shoes and a hat.
- Plan some old fashioned games – think three legged races, sack races, and egg and spoon races.
- You could even make some chocolate gold medals to present to your guests!
- Or if you have some budget left over, consider hiring a sports party crew to run the party for you.
- Contact Amazing Kids Parties, who’ll come to you in Midland and take care of all the action!