It’s that moment we all dread – the washing machine shuddering to a stop in the middle of a cycle, or the dishwasher packing it in just after you packed it full of dirty dishes. Or perhaps you’re moving into a new rental home and need to nab yourself a new fridge or dryer. One thing’s for sure – whitegoods are expensive! Here’s a few tips that will help you get your hands on whitegoods on the Gold Coast, without spending too much of your precious cash.
Get social on the Gold Coast
- Facebook isn’t just for uploading family pics and tagging your friends in funny memes (although, that is a load of fun!). It’s also the perfect place to nab yourself a local bargain.
- Search for the Buy/Swap/Sell and other group pages for the Surfers Paradise area, such as Gold Coast buy/swap/sell. Many groups like this have a ‘search’ function that lets you enter your keywords, such as ‘fridge’ or ‘washing machine’.
- Otherwise take a scroll through the posts to see what’s on offer around Southport, Robina and the Gold Coast, or post a shout-out asking if someone nearby has a fridge or washer (or whatever appliance you’re after!) to sell.
- While you’re at it, you could post a few items you might have to sell, and perhaps make enough cash to cover the cost of your purchase. Smart, eh?
Going, going – gone!
- Online auctions are another super-smart and cheap way to nab a bargain on new whitegoods on the Gold Coast.
- Head to ‘Appliances’ on eBay or Grays Online. Select the appliance type you’re after and sort the results to display the listings located closest to you on the Gold Coast to see what appliances are for sale around your area.
- Whether you’re after a brand new one or are happy to buy second hand to save a load of cash, there’s bound to be a few options to choose from.
Score on seconds
- Don’t care if the box is a little beaten up, it’s a discontinued model or there’s a scratch or two on it?
- You can save some cash on a brand new whitegoods on the Gold Coast by buying a factory second.
- Around the Gold Coast, head to the Fridge Factory in Varsity Lakes (don’t worry, they sell more than just fridges!) to see what deals they have an offer.
- You’ll nab yourself a brand new appliance that’s still covered by warranty, giving you peace of mind at a bargain price!
Extra special deals on ex rentals
- If you can’t afford a brand new appliance, consider hunting down a super cheap deal on an ex-rental one.
- Around the Gold Coast, head to the T. Edwards ex-rental clearance store in Browns Plains to check out their range of ex-rental appliances.
- This can be a great way to pick up a fairly new model that might just show a few signs of wear and tear, but save you loads of cash.
Need some help coming up with the cash?
- If you’ve been caught out without enough emergency cash to cover the cost of replacing that broken down fridge or washing machine, City Finance can help!
- We’re always here to help you with access to a quick cash loan anytime you need it.
- Simply pop in for a chat with our friendly Southport branch staff, or give us a call today on 1300 438 666.
- You can also apply online today!