Top tips for Australia Day festivities around Logan
The date of Australia Day has been the subject of some controversy lately. Whatever your view, the Australia Day long weekend provides time to catch up with friends and family, celebrating all things Aussie.
Here are some cheap and easy ways to celebrate Australia Day long weekend around Logan.
Congratulate Logan’s Australia Day award winners
Throw a few prawns on the barbie
Pack a picnic
- For a summer feast without having to fire up the barbie, pack a picnic and head to one of the fabulous picnic spots around Logan.
- Top local picnic spots include
Whip up some Aussie classics
- Wherever you’re dining, Australia Day is the perfect time to tempt your tastebuds with some classic Aussie culinary favourites.
- If you’re handy in the kitchen, try making a classic Aussie meat pie. Or take a shortcut and swing by Yatala Pie Shop to pick up one they’ve got ready and waiting for you!
- How about a pavlova for dessert? You could make your own pavlova, or pick up one from Coles in Logan Central and top it with some whipped cream and your favourite summer fruits.
- Lamingtons are another Australia Day classic dessert. Try your hand at making them, or pop into Michel’s Patisserie in Underwood to grab yourself some of these tempting cakey, chocolate and coconut treats!
Hit the pub
Have a splash
- Cool off over the Australia Day long weekend with a dip at your local Logan pool.
- Head to one of Logan City Council’s 7 aquatic centres – check the website for each for opening hours and details:
Need a small fast cash loan for your long weekend festivities?
- However you plan to celebrate this Australia Day, if you need a quick and easy cash loan to see you through, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Logan Central branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 201 300, or apply online today!