5 tips and tricks save money on your big day!
So you’re planning your budget wedding in the Nerang area. You want this to be the most unforgettable day of your life – but not because of the huge bill!
Here’s 5 ways you can save on a budget wedding in Nerang – and start married life together with some extra cash
Save on stationery
Skip the expensive, heavily embossed fancy invitations.
Bridal beauty on a budget
If you’re the bride, this is probably one area you don’t really want to compromise on. After all, it’s the most important day of your life, and you want to be looking your best! But there are a few smart ways to make some big savings on bridal beauty.
- If you’re happy to consider doing your own makeup, make the most of those department store cosmetic counters.
- Try the beauty counters in Myer at Robina, where you can often book in to have your makeup done for free, as long as you’ll be buying something –and you’re going to need some cosmetics for the big day anyway! They can show you all the tips and tricks you’ll need to know.
- Got a good friend who’s a hairdresser or makeup artist? Ask them if they’d consider making their services their wedding gift to you.
Fashion that won’t break the bank
Brides – you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to get your dream gown.
Grooms – hiring a suit for your big day can often be as expensive as buying one!
- Wedding suit hire can be really expensive. Instead, keep an eye out for suit sales in stores, and try to choose a suit that’s neutral and practical enough to be worn again in years to come.
- Try Lowes at Robina or Helensvale, Roger David at Helensvale or Robina or keep an eye on Myer for sales.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate, particularly if you’re getting married out of the peak spring and summer season.
Flowers that won’t cost a fortune
Save a fortune on floristry by going DIY!
- Ask a savvy friend with a knack for floristry or a good design eye if they’ll consider doing your flowers as their wedding gift to you. There’s lots of easy to follow YouTube tutorials they can use.
- Get them to hit the Brisbane Flower Market or Tesselaar Flowers and pick up your blooms at wholesale prices. Be sure to go with flowers that are in season to maximise your savings!
- Select smaller, less complicated bouquet designs, and consider how many button hole or corsage arrangements you really need for your wider group.
- Consider repurposing your flowers, and moving floral arrangements from your ceremony to use as table centrepieces at your reception. Ask a trusted friend to take care of this for you on the day.
- Here’s some great budget friendly ideas for decorating your wedding.
Getting your fill without emptying your wallet
When selecting your reception venue and planning your menu, there’s a few smart ways you can save for a budget wedding.
- Consider having your wedding outside of the peak spring/summer season when prices – and venue availabilities – are at a premium.
- You can also make savings by having a weekday or a morning wedding.
- Look for a venue where you can BYO – then you can have your favourite wines and beers while saving a small fortune on the drinks bill.
- A cocktail style wedding can make some big savings on food. Just be sure there’ll be enough food if serving canapes – you don’t want your guests going home hungry!
- Make your own wedding cake – or ask a talented friend if they’d consider doing so as their wedding gift to you.
- Serve your wedding cake as dessert. If you go for cupcakes, you can often avoid the ‘plating’ fee that many venues charge.
City Finance can help you with fast cash for your big day
Need help getting a little extra cash together for your budget wedding or honeymoon? Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Nerang branch for a chat, or phone us on 1300 10 10 33.