Take a budget break without the long drive
Camping is the ultimate budget holiday. A chance to relax, unwind and unplug from digital devices and daily life for a while.
The good news is, you don’t have the hit the road and drive for hours. There’s loads of fabulous places to camp around Gosnells.
So grab your sleeping bag and tent, and let’s go camping!
Here’s 5 great camping spots near Gosnells
- Head for the ranges
The picturesque Darling Ranges are the perfect place to enjoy a camping escape.
- Peel away your troubles
Recharge and get away from it all in the popular Peel Region.
- From Mandurah’s Belvedere Caravan Park it’s just a short stroll to the beautiful beaches and the town centre with cafés and shops.
- Enjoy exploring the Peel Inlet with its abundant marine life and natural beauty.
- The park’s camping sites are within easy reach of the amenities blocks, BBQ area and children’s playground.
- Bring the dog along too – both the camp ground and beach are pet friendly, so the whole family can join in the camping fun.
- Laze about at the lake
Tucked away in the jarrah forest just 90 minutes south of Gosnells, you’ll find Lake Navarino Holiday Park.
- The perfect place to escape the city, this is a bush lover’s paradise.
- There’s a range of powered and unpowered camp sites set amongst this natural lakeside forest, along with cottage and cabin accommodation.
- Facilities include an amenities block, camp kitchen, BBQ area and laundry.
- Enjoy bush walking, canoeing, white water rafting, mountain biking, horse riding and fishing, or just relax and get in touch with nature.
- Serene seaside
Bliss out at beautiful Herron Point.
- Just one hour’s drive from Gosnells, Herron Point is a magical camping spot on a white sandy beach.
- There are 25 sites here but unfortunately you can’t book one – they’re on a first come, first served basis.
- This is an authentic camping experience that lets you enjoy nature at its finest. There’s no power available, but there is a communal bush kitchen, some solar powered lighting, non-drinkable water and toilets.
- You’re also welcome to bring your dog along.
- Read here for more information about camping at Herron Point.
- Where the bush meets the beach
It’s worth the 3 hour drive from Gosnells to the Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park in the Margaret River region.
- Conto’s Campground is a large, sheltered and well-appointed campground nestled within the bush close to Conto Springs Beach.
- With 116 camp sites nestled amongst the coastal bushland, Conto’s has a range of site types suitable for tents through to large caravans and camper trailers.
- With stunning coastal headland scenery, keen bush walkers will enjoy exploring the Cape to Cape walking track, which is directly accessible from the campground.
- Beach goers can relax at nearby Conto Springs Beach, or go surfing or fishing.
- Check out this You Tube video to get a feel for Conto’s Campground.