Take a budget break without the long drive
Camping is the ultimate budget holiday. A chance to relax, unwind and unplug from digital devices and daily life for a while. The good news is, you don’t have the hit the road and drive for hours. Here are some of the best camping spots around Nerang.
So grab your sleeping bag and tent, and let’s go camping!
Here’s the 5 best camping spots near Nerang
Hit the park
Bliss out in the serenity of Darlington Park in the Kerry Valley near Beaudesert.
- Just an hour’s drive from Nerang, this gorgeous campsite is within the world-heritage listed Scenic Rim National Park.
- With tall gum trees and lots of open grassy spaces, you’ll love paddling and fishing in the creek, bushwalking, riding bikes and enjoying ball games.
- Facilities include a kiosk, toilets, fire pits, free electric BBQs and picnic shelters. No showers here, so you can really get back to nature!
- Check their website for rates and details on how to book.
Fabulous farm stay
Bestbrook Mountain Resort lets you experience farm life out in the bush.
- This fun family-run farm stay is less than 2 hour’s drive from Nerang.
- With a range of accommodation styles, for campers there’s four different bush camp grounds to choose from along the banks of more than two kilometres of Gap Creek.
- There’s activities galore to keep you and the kids entertained. Learn how to crack a whip or throw a boomerang, enjoy horse riding, feed the animals and take a wagon ride.
- Check out this fabulous video which shows how wonderful your stay at Bestbrook can be!
Get away from it all at Yarramalong Campgrounds on Reynolds Creek near Boonah.
- Just a 90 minute drive from Nerang, this 65 hectare property in the Scenic Rim has two great camping grounds to choose from.
- Facilities including fireplaces, toilets and hot showers, BBQs and a kiosk.
- Spend your time platypus spotting, canoeing or swimming in the creek, bushwalking or enjoying a hit of table tennis in the hall.
- Check their website for fees and booking details.
Great for water sports
Just over one hour’s drive from Nerang, Lake Moogerah Caravan Park in Boonah is the perfect spot for a getaway.
We all sometimes dream of running away to live on an island.
- Camping at Stradbroke Island can make that dream come true, for a while at least!
- With eight different camping grounds to choose from, Straddie is one of the best camping spots for everyone.
- Many of the camping grounds are right on the beach, and some of them even allow you to bring your dog along.
- Getting there from Logan is easy. Head to Toondah Harbour in Cleveland, less than an hour’s drive away. From there it’s just a 25 minute ferry ride – you can even take your 4WD with you.