Top tips for Australia Day festivities around Moreton Bay
The date of Australia Day has been the subject of some controversy lately. Whatever your view, the Australia Day long weekend provides time to catch up with friends and family, celebrating all things Aussie.
Here’s some cheap and easy ways to celebrate Australia Day long weekend around Morayfield.
Free fun and fireworks
- Join in the free family fun this Australia Day at Suttons Beach in Redcliffe or on Bribie Island.
- From 12 noon through to 7:30pm there are all sorts of free fun including live music, beach activities, garden games and a lamington eating contest!
- After sunset, there’s the fun and colour of the big Australia Day fireworks finale.
Throw a few prawns on the barbie
- What could be more Aussie than enjoying a BBQ with some mates or family?
- Invite your nearest and dearest around and throw some snags and prawns on the barbie.
- For some great inspiration check out this fab Australia Day recipe collection!
- Of course, it wouldn’t be an Aussie BBQ without a hit of backyard cricket! Grab yourself a bargain with this backyard cricket set from Target in Morayfield.
- If you take your cricket a little more seriously, head to Rebel at Morayfield to check out some of their budget backyard cricket sets.
Pack a picnic
- For a summer feast without having to fire up the barbie, pack a picnic and head to one of the fabulous picnic spots around the Moreton Bay region.
- Top local picnic spots include
Whip up some Aussie classics
- Wherever you’re dining, Australia Day is the perfect time to tempt your tastebuds with some classic Aussie culinary favourites.
- If you’re handy in the kitchen, try making a classic Aussie meat pie. Or take a shortcut and swing by the CJ’s Pastries at Burpengary, Caboolture or Kippa-Ring to pick up one they’ve got ready and waiting for you!
- How about a pavlova for dessert? You could make your own pavlova, or pick up one from Coles in Morayfield and top it with some whipped cream and your favourite summer fruits.
- Lamingtons are another Australia Day classic dessert. Try your hand at making them, or pop into Phelan’s Bakery at Caboolture, Morayfield or Narangba to grab yourself some of these tempting cakey, chocolate and coconut treats!
Hit the pub
- The Australia Day long weekend is a great excuse to catch up and enjoy a few drinks with mates, or treat the family to a meal out.
- Head to one of these local favourite pubs around Morayfield!
Have a splash
- Hit the beach or cool off over the Australia Day long weekend with a dip at your local pool around Morayfield.
- There are 14 public swimming pools to choose from in the Moreton Bay region – check the website of each for opening hours and details:
Need a small fast cash loan for your long weekend festivities?
- However you plan to celebrate this Australia Day, if you need a quick and easy cash loan to see you through, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Morayfield branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 10 30 20, or apply online today!