Top tips for Australia Day festivities around Narre Warren
The date of Australia Day has been the subject of some controversy lately. Whatever your view, the Australia Day long weekend provides time to catch up with friends and family, celebrating all things Aussie.
Here’s some cheap and easy ways to celebrate Australia Day long weekend around Narre Warren.
Free Australia Day fun and festivities
- The Narre Warren area has lots of Australia Day events and free family fun on offer.
- Head to Hampton Park from 9am – 12 noon for an Aussie brekkie and entertainment featuring face painting, jumping castles and an animal farm.
- In Cranbourne, the Australia Day fun runs from 11am to 4pm. This free family event includes a sausage sizzle, traditional music and dances, art and crafts, free children’s activities and more.
- At Pioneer’s Park in Berwick, from 10am to 3pm there’s celebrations including musical performances, children’s activities, flag raising ceremony, food stalls, whip-cracking and much more. Head to Tooradin from 5pm to 11pm for a free family event including a BBQ, live music, prizes, games, competitions, entertainment and a family movie.
Throw a few prawns on the barbie
Pack a picnic
- For a summer feast without having to fire up the barbie, pack a picnic and head to one of the fabulous picnic spots around Narre Warren.
- Top local picnic spots include
Whip up some Aussie classics
- Wherever you’re dining, Australia Day is the perfect time to tempt your tastebuds with some classic Aussie culinary favourites.
- If you’re handy in the kitchen, try making a classic Aussie meat pie. Or take a shortcut and swing by Phil’s Pies and Pastries in Berwick to pick up one they’ve got ready and waiting for you!
- How about a pavlova for dessert? You could make your own pavlova, or pick up one from Coles Fountain Gate, Berwick or Hallam and top it with some whipped cream and your favourite summer fruits.
- Lamingtons are another Australia Day classic dessert. Try your hand at making them, or pop into Michel’s Patisserie in Cranbourne East to grab yourself some of these tempting cakey, chocolate and coconut treats!
Hit the pub
- The Australia Day long weekend is a great excuse to catch up and enjoy a few drinks with mates, or treat the family to a meal out.
- Head to one of these local favourite pubs around Narre Warren!
Have a splash
- Cool off over the Australia Day long weekend with a dip at your local Narre Warren pool.
- The City of Casey operate 3 different aquatic centre facilities:
Need a small fast cash loan for your long weekend festivities?
- However you plan to celebrate this Australia Day, if you need a quick and easy cash loan to see you through, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Narre Warren branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 9704 5099, or apply online today!