Keep your cash on track over the Christmas break
Sure, Santa might be coming and everyone seems to be on holidays. But you need your Centrelink payments to keep coming in – unfortunately your bills and bank account don’t get to take a break!
Here’s what you need to know about Centrelink’s Christmas holiday opening hours, payments and reporting dates.
Centrelink office closures
Centrelink branches will be closed on:
- Boxing Day – Monday 26 December 2016
- Public holiday, Tuesday 27 December 2016
- Wednesday 28 December 2016
- New Year’s Day holiday, Monday 2 January 2017
But there’s always self-service!
If you need to report your employment income during this time you can use these self-service options:
You might even get paid early!
The good news is that the holidays won’t delay any automatic payments.
- Some might be paid even earlier than usual.
- Be careful to budget carefully though, as an early payment isn’t an extra payment. It’s your normal payment just paid early.
- An early payments will be made as close as possible to their usual due day, to help you balance your money until your next payment is due.
Reporting and payment dates
- If you need to report information to Centrelink like your employment income, you can use the self-service options outlined above.
- Once you’ve reported, your payment will then be made to you.
- If you report early you’ll need to estimate your earnings for that period. You can then correct your estimate as needed within 14 days, or when you next report.
- If you’d rather wait until you’re sure of your earnings and report later you can, but you won’t be paid until after you report.
Check your payments and reporting dates according to which allowance you receive:
If you receive one of these allowances and need to report: