Save big bucks buying and servicing your car
Whether you’re after a new cheap car or need yours serviced or repaired, here’s some top tips for some big discounts around Midland.
Buying a car
Going, going, gone!
- The car auctions near Midland will provide a great opportunity to find an awesome deal on a cheap car.
- You can always find good bargains, but be sure to keep your cool and do your homework first.
- Know the true value of the make and model you’re bidding on. Consider attending a few auctions as an observer before you try bidding.
- This way you’ll be less intimidated by the often frenzied environment, and can stay firm on sticking to your maximum price when bidding.
- Head to Perth’s Manheim Auto Auctions, where they auction cars at 10am every Thursday.
- Another way to save some big cash on buying your new car is through a private sale.
- Skip the fancy overhead costs of buying through a used car dealer, and head online for private car sale listings around Gosnells on sites like Trading Post, Gumtree or Car Sales.
- By narrowing your search to cars for sale privately around Gosnells, save time and money and make it easy for you to go and see the car you’re interested in.
- It’s also often a good idea to have a pre-purchase inspection done. You can then rest assured there’s no significant issues with your potential new car.
- Contact the RAC who can conduct a pre-purchase inspection near Gosnells to give you peace of mind.
Savings on servicing and repairs
Go online for great discounts on a cheap car
- There’s just no need to pay retail prices for car servicing and auto repairs nowadays.
- Check sites like Groupon and Shop A Docket for some hefty savings.
- Current discount offers around Midland include:
Ask the Guru
- Auto Guru is a great online service that lets you compare car service, inspection and repair costs from over 1600 mechanics all around Australia.
- Their network includes businesses all around Swan View, Ellenbrook, Guildford , and Lockridge.
- Customers are given quotes from a range of providers around Midland and will have the peace of mind of knowing what it’ll cost upfront.
- There’s often some great discount coupons and deals on offer for a cheap car too.
Skip dealer servicing – it’s a myth!
- Lucky enough to have a brand new car? Don’t be fooled into believing that you have to have it serviced through the dealership to keep your car manufacturer’s warranty intact.
- Use our tips above to shop around for the best servicing deal and stick with a trusted mechanic.
- Ensure your car is serviced and the log book completed in line with the schedule and specifications in your owner’s manual or warranty logbook.
- Parts don’t have to be genuine to keep the warranty intact, but ask for an itemised account for all work done. That way, if there’s ever a problem with the parts used, the repairer or part manufacturer will be responsible.