Save big bucks buying and servicing your car
Whether you’re after a new car or need yours serviced or repaired, here’s some top tips for finding big discounts for a cheap car in Gosford and around the Central Coast.
Finding a cheap car in Gosford
Going, going, gone!
- Get a great deal on a cheap car in Gosford by buying at the car auctions near the Central Coast.
- Customers can find good bargains, but be sure to keep your cool and do your homework first.
- Know the true value of the make and model you’re bidding on. Consider attending a few auctions as an observer before you try bidding.
- This way you’ll be less intimidated by the often frenzied environment, and can stay firm on sticking to your maximum price when bidding.
- Head to Valley Motor Auctions in Cardiff, who are Australia’s largest regional auto auctions. They sell more than 400 cars a week.
- Their auctions are at noon on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, or 5pm on Thursdays.
- Another way to save some big cash on buying your new car is to through a private sale.
- Skip the fancy overhead costs of buying through a used car dealer, and head online for private car sale listings around Gosford on sites like Trading Post, Gumtree or Car Sales.
- By narrowing your search to cars for sale privately around the Central Coast, you’ll save time and money and make it easy for you to go and see the car you’re interested in.
- It’s also often a good idea to have a pre-purchase inspection done. You can then rest assured there’s no significant issues with your potential new car.
- Contact the NRMA who can conduct a mobile pre-purchase inspection near you.
Savings on servicing and repairs
Go online for great discounts
- There’s just no need to pay retail prices for car servicing and auto repairs nowadays.
- Check sites like Groupon and Shop A Docket for some hefty savings.
- Current discount offers around the Central Coast include this $139 super service in Toukley.
Ask the Guru
- Auto Guru is a great online service that lets you compare car service, inspection and repair costs from over 1600 mechanics all around Australia.
- Their network includes businesses all around Gosford, Wyong, Umina and The Entrance.
- You’ll be given quotes from a range of providers around the Central Coast and will have the peace of mind of knowing what it’ll cost upfront.
- There’s often some great discount coupons and deals on offer too.
Skip dealer servicing – it’s a myth!
- Lucky enough to have a brand new car? Don’t be fooled into believing that your car must be serviced through the dealership to keep your manufacturer’s warranty intact.
- Use our tips above to shop around for the best servicing deal and stick with a trusted mechanic.
- Use them to ensure your car is serviced and the log book completed in line with the schedule and specifications in your owner’s manual or warranty logbook.
- Parts don’t have to be genuine to keep the warranty intact, but ask for an itemised account for all work done. That way, if there’s ever a problem with the parts used, the repairer or part manufacturer will be responsible.