Summer is coming! It’s the perfect time to get out and about around the Moreton Bay area for some free fun in the sunshine. Here’s our top tips for the best budget friendly ways to beat the heat around Morayfield this summer.
Splash on in
- If you have a pool at home – lucky you! You have the perfect spot to laze away those hot sunny days without splashing your cash away.
- Add a bit of fun and magic to your dip with a few cheap pool toys.
- Head to Kmart at Morayfield, North Lakes, Burpengary or Kippa-Ring to check out their range – who doesn’t want a unicorn or flamingo to float around in?
- If you haven’t got a pool – Kmart can fix that for you!
- You can get yourself a pool for less than $50, and have it set up and ready to dive in on in around 10 minutes.
Make it rain!
- If a pool isn’t your thing, why not take a walk down memory lane to the good old days of the backyard sprinkler?
- Grab yourself a sprinkler from Bunnings in Morayfield or North Lakes for less than $7.
- Hook it up to the backyard hose and the whole family can have a blast running through the sprinkler shower.
- Your lawn will thank you too!
Pop into the pool
If you’ve had your fun under the sprinkler and are still yearning for the real deal, take a dip at your local aquatic centre around Morayfield this summer.
- There are 14 public swimming pools to choose from in the Moreton Bay region, and most have professional life guard supervision.
- Check the website for each for their location, facilities, opening hours and entry fee details:
Cool down and unwind indoors
- On those days that it’s just too hot and you need a reprieve from the sun, head to the cool confines of your local Moreton Bay library.
- Kick back in air conditioned comfort while you read a book or enjoy some of the huge range of facilities on offer through Moreton Bay Region Libraries.
- Check out the detailed location and facilities available at the one closest to you:
Lay about at the lagoon
- On those lazy summer days, Settlement Cover Lagoon at Redcliffe is THE spot to enjoy the sunshine.
- This completely free paradise by the sea is the perfect spot to enjoy a summer’s day with the kids.
- There’s multiple areas to enjoy including a fenced off pool area just right for little ones, and lots of sandy lagoon areas, inlets and rocks to explore, and a riverbed.
- Settlement Cove has professional lifeguard supervision during the summer months.
- There’s also a great shaded kids playground nearby and loads of great picnic facilities, as well as changing rooms and toilets.
Hit the beach
Fill up the Esky
- Keep your day out on budget by coming prepared with cheap snacks.
- Fill your Esky with some cold drinks, fruit and snacks that you’ve pre-purchased at the supermarket.
- This will prevent having to buy expensive food and drinks and save you a stack of precious cash.
And of course – stay sun safe
- Don’t ruin your fun in the sun with a nasty case of sunburn.
- Stock up on sunscreen and remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
Follow these top tips to celebrate the sunshine, without overheating your budget around Morayfield this summer.
Need some extra summertime cash, fast?
- If you need to cool off your overheated budget this summer with a fast small cash loan, City Finance understand and are here to help.
- Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Morayfield branch, or give us a call today on 1300 10 30 20.
- You can also apply online today!