Summer is coming! It’s the perfect time to get out and about around Nerang this summer for some free fun in the sunshine. Here’s our top tips for the best budget friendly ways to beat the heat around Nerang this summer.
Splash on in
- If you have a pool at home – lucky you! You have the perfect spot to laze away those hot sunny days without splashing your cash away.
- Add a bit of fun and magic to your dip with a few cheap pool toys.
- Head to Kmart at Oxenford to check out their range – who doesn’t want a unicorn or flamingo to float around in?
- If you haven’t got a pool – Kmart can fix that for you!
- You can get yourself a pool for less than $50, and have it set up and ready to dive in on in around 10 minutes.
Make it rain!
- If a pool isn’t your thing, why not take a walk down memory lane to the good old days of the backyard sprinkler?
- Grab yourself a sprinkler from Bunnings in Nerang or for less than $7.
- Hook it up to the backyard hose and the whole family can have a blast running through the sprinkler shower.
- Your lawn will thank you too!
Pop into the pool
- If you’ve had your fun under the sprinkler and are still yearning for the real deal, take a dip at your local aquatic centre around Nerang this summer.
- Gold Coast City Council operates 8 aquatic centres which have professional life guard supervision.
- Check the website for each for their location, facilities, opening hours and entry fee details:
- Or if you prefer to get salty, head to one of the many safe ocean swimming enclosures on the Gold Coast.
Cool down and unwind indoors
Hit the beach
- Let’s face it – there’s no better way to celebrate the gorgeous summer sunshine than with a trip to the beach. And even better, it’s completely free!
- Around Nerang, our spectacular Gold Coast has 52 kilometres of stunning beaches that are patrolled by Gold Coast’s lifeguards during the swim season.
- Take your pick of any of one of these beautiful beaches that stretch from South Stradbroke Island in the north to Rainbow Beach in the south.
- Check this handy schedule to check the times your local beach has lifeguards on patrol.
Fill up the Esky
- Keep your day out on budget by coming prepared with cheap snacks.
- Fill your Esky with some cold drinks, fruit and snacks that you’ve pre-purchased at the supermarket.
- This will prevent having to buy expensive food and drinks and save you a stack of precious cash.
And of course – stay sun safe
- Don’t ruin your fun in the sun with a nasty case of sunburn.
- Stock up on sunscreen and remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
Follow these top tips to celebrate the sunshine, without overheating your budget in Nerang this summer.
Need some extra summertime cash, fast?
- If you need to cool off your overheated budget this summer with a fast small cash loan, City Finance understand and are here to help.
- Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Nerang branch, or give us a call today on 1300 10 10 33.
- You can also apply online today!