The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near the Gold Coast? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near the Gold Coast
Splash on in for some family water sports fun
If you enjoy fun and adventure, head to Lake Maroon Holiday Park.
- This fun-filled lakeside campground is 20km south of Boonah is just over 90 minutes’ drive from Broadbeach.
- This dam is a great spot for an action packed camping holiday by the water. Go water skiing on the deep, clean water and enjoy a lot less boat traffic than other dams.
- Other activities you can enjoy include fishing, canoeing, swimming, bushwalking, camping, rock climbing and hiking.
- The huge campsites offer lots of privacy and space, with peaceful bush and water views.
- Facilities include a modern amenities block with hot showers and a camp kitchen with sinks and dish washing facilities.
Be warned – a good time is guaranteed!
Head to Mt Warning Rainforest Park for a perfect stay in the wilderness.
- This world-heritage listed national park is the ultimate place to reconnect with nature, just over an hour’s drive from Southport.
- There’s a range of powered and unpowered camp sites set in the beautiful rainforest, each with its own fireplace. There’s also cabin accommodation options.
- Facilities here include hot showers, a swimming pool and tennis court.
- While you’re there, take the challenge and climb Mt Warning. You’ll be the first in Australia to see the sun rise!
Get settled in and relax
The Settlement camping area in Springbrook National Park is a lovely quiet little spot to get away from it all.
- There’s 11 camp sites, each with its own grassy space to enjoy.
- Facilities include toilets, drinking water and a cooking shelter with free electric barbecues. There’s no showers though!
- The camping area is linked by a short walking track to the top of spectacular Purling Brook Falls, one of the highest waterfalls in Queensland.
- If you’re a keen bush walker, you can also enjoy the Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk.
Horse around on the beach
The Cabarita Beach Pony Club Grounds is a beachside camping spot with a difference.
- You can bring the whole family here, including your dog and your horse, if you’re lucky enough to have one!
- There’s 60 powered campsites, with amenities including warm showers. There are shops and cafes just a 5 minute walk away.
- Enjoy the beach across the road together with your dog (and horse!). There’s endless trails nearby to ensure you all have a great weekend getting away from it all.
- Check out this video which gives an insight into the fabulous weekend you could have at Cabarita Beach.
Get deserted on an island
Chances are you’ve dreamt of running away to live on an island. Try Straddie!
- Camping at Stradbroke Island can make your island dreams come true, for a while at least!
- Getting to Straddie from the Gold Coast is easy. Head to Toondah Harbour in Cleveland, less than an hour’s drive away. From there it’s just a 25 minute ferry ride – you can even take your 4WD with you.
- There’s eight different camping grounds to choose from, and many are right on the beach. Some of them even allow you to bring your dog along.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Southport branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 438 666, or apply online today!