The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Gosford? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Gosford
Get back to nature
Find yourself in the forest! Camp amongst majestic pine trees in Olney State Forest.
- Firstly, this family friendly spot is located in the in the Watagan Mountains. There’s several different camp sites to choose from, including the Pines, Turpentine, Casuarina, The Basin and Olney HQ camping areas.
- The Pines and Olney HQ have large all-weather picnic shelters, and the Basin Camping area is great for large groups, with easy access to open grassy areas and a flowing creek.
- If you enjoy bushwalking, you’ll love exploring rainforest trails like The Pines, Abbotts Falls and Rock Lily tracks.
If you love fishing or water sports, you’ll love Budgewoi Holiday Park.
- This family friendly spot is set on Lake Munmorah. It’s the ultimate spot for water-lovers to relax and get away from it all!
- Powered campsites start from just $29 a night, and facilities include amenities blocks, camp kitchen with a communal fridge, BBQs, laundry and a great children’s playground and jumping pillow.
- There’s even Wi-fi hotspots throughout the park.
- Your four legged friend can also join in the fun here, with pets approved on application.
Soak up the salt air and stunning beaches that Norah Head is famous for.
- Norah Head Holiday Park has powered, unpowered and ensuite camp sites to choose from.
- Park facilities include a resort style swimming pool, playgrounds and grassed areas, a camp kitchen and amenities blocks.
- Here you’ll enjoy access to both Lakes and Soldiers Point beaches. You can swim, surf, play in the rock pools or do a spot of beach fishing here to your heart’s content.
- Enjoy a walk to catch the view from Norah Head lighthouse.
Get deserted on an island
Chances are you’ve dreamt of running away to live on an island!
- Camping at Patonga can make that dream come true, for a while at least!
- This Central Coast Council run camp-site features a calm beach on one side and a creek on the other. You’ll feel like you’re on your own deserted island.
- The tranquil park has 36 powered and 45 unpowered grassy sites. Facilities include an amenities and laundry block, children’s play area, electric BBQs, a boat ramp and a great fish and chips shop nearby.
- There’s tennis courts and kayaks available for hire, so you can do as little or as much as you like!
- Grab the Patonga Camping brochure for full details.
Head for the valley
If adventure and horse riding is what you’re after, head to Glenworth Valley.
- Enjoy the unspoilt wilderness on a camping escape at Australia’s largest horse riding and outdoor adventure centre.
- Enjoy the fun and adventure of hiking, horse riding, kayaking, abseiling and even quad biking, and chill out by the camp fire in the evenings.
- Relax in this family friendly 200 acre secluded riverfront camping ground. This is authentic bush camping, with unpowered campsites scattered among open fields along the creek.
- Facilities include hot showers, toilets, wood-fired BBQ’s and picnic tables.
- You can even avoid the hassle and hire a tent so it’s all there, ready and waiting for you!
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Gosford branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 4325 0444, or apply online today!