The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Logan? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Logan
Free to be you
For a completely free camping experience, head lakeside!
- The Ngumbi Camping Area at Wyaralong Dam is along the Beaudesert Boonah Road, just a 45 minute drive from Logan.
- Wyaralong Dam is a great place to cool off and enjoy water activities like canoeing or kayaking.
- Get in quick at the Ngumbi campground for free camping! You can’t drive to this remote campsite, you instead access it via the lake.
- There are just six open campsites available here on a first-come, first-served basis. The area includes a toilet, a simple shelter shed and water tanks.
- It also makes a great base for hiking and trail running, and for the adventurous who want to head to the top of Mt Joyce.
Splash on in
Another great local spot to enjoy water sports in the Lake Moogerah Caravan Park in Boonah.
Get back to nature
Enjoy an authentic bush setting camping on the banks of the Logan River at Flanagan Reserve.
- Facilities at this campsite include a kiosk, showers, toilets, laundry tub, kitchen sink, BBQs and picnic tables.
- With lots of shade, this is a great spot for swimming and fishing. It’s also a popular spot for bushwalkers who can enjoy the many trails nearby around Mt Maroon, Mt Barney and Mt Lindesay.
- Dogs are welcome too, so everyone can enjoy the fun.
Get deserted on an island
Chances are you’ve dreamt of running away to live on an island. Try Straddie!
- Camping at Stradbroke Island can make your island dreams come true, for a while at least!
- Getting to Straddie from Logan is easy. Head to Toondah Harbour in Cleveland, less than an hour’s drive away. From there it’s just a 25 minute ferry ride – you can even take your 4WD with you.
- There’s eight different camping grounds to choose from, and many are right on the beach. Some of them even allow you to bring your dog along.
Stay close to home but feel a million miles away
You’ll feel a world away from it all at Bigriggen Park.
- This serene riverside location is less than a 90 minute drive from Logan. There’s loads to do here – or do as little as you like!
- Water activities to enjoy include swimming, canoeing, platypus spotting or fishing.
- Stretch your legs and enjoy the many bush walking trails in the Scenic Rim’s nearby Mt Barney National Park.
- Your family’s four legged friend can also join in the fun. Dogs are welcome on application, check the Bigriggen Park rules for details.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Logan Central branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 201 300, or apply online today!