The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Midland? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Midland
Off the beaten track
It’s a little further afield, but the trip to Cervante Pinnacles Caravan Park is worth it.
- About a 2.5 hour drive north of Midland, this secluded seaside spot is in the sleepy town of Cervantes.
- This newly redeveloped park has a range of powered and unpowered camp sites.
- Facilities here include toilets and showers, laundries, camp kitchens and BBQs, as well as an onsite café and shop.
- Enjoy exploring the world famous Pinnacles limestone formations at the nearby Nambung National Park.
- Splash in for a spot of swimming, go bush walking, fishing or just take in the spectacular coastal views and relax!
Get back to nature
Frolick in the forest and enjoy camping at Lane Poole Reserve.
- This popular riverside spot in spectacular jarrah forest is just a 90 minute drive from Midland.
- The Murray River flows through, making this a great spot for canoeing and kayaking.
- There are several campgrounds in Lane Poole Reserve. Each has toilets, tables, barbecues and bins, and some have drinking water and fireplaces.
- You can book online to camp in the more secluded Baden Powell campground, or the Charlies Flat, Chuditch, Stringers, Tonys Bend and Yarragil camp sites. If you’re camping with a group of friends or family the larger campground at Nanga Mill is your best option.
Laze about lakeside
It’s just a half hour drive, but you’ll feel a million miles away at Lake Leschenaultia.
- This freshwater lake in Mundaring has sparkling white sand and is a popular spot for water and wildlife lovers.
- The wide open campsites make this a great family destination. It’s a great place to enjoy swimming, bushwalking, canoeing, cycling, and b
- Enjoy wildlife spotting including kangaroos, possums and
- The camp ground offers hot showers, BBQs, a children’s playground and even a laundry.
Soak up the sun and surf at Burns Beach
- Just a 45 minute drive from Midland, this place is a spectacular coastal gem.
- You’ll feel a million miles from anywhere as you laze about on the sand and take in the gorgeous sunsets over the ocean.
- There’s a range of camp sites and cabins here, and park facilities include an amenities block, laundry, BBQs, kiosk and café, and nearby shops. There’s also a range of attractions
- Keen bushwalkers and wildlife enthusiasts can explore nearby Yanchep National Park.
Camp at Caversham
Explore your own backyard with a camping stay at Discovery Parks – Perth Vineyards in Caversham.
- Take a short trip up the road to get away from it all! Leave the housework and your worries behind for a while.
- There’s a range of powered and unpowered camp sites, and you’ll have the comforts of home with amenities including showers and toilets, camp kitchen and BBQs, Wi-Fi, a playground, movie room and kiosk.
- While you’re getting away from it all, perhaps explore the nearby food and wine trail, Whiteman Park or Caversham Wildlife Park.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Midland branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 9274 0833, or apply online today!