The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Narre Warren? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Narre Warren
Go wild amongst the wildlife
Be on the lookout for bunyips as you enjoy authentic bush camping in Bunyip State Park.
- Legend has it that the traditional Aboriginal people who lived here believed that a dark furry animal called a bunyip lived here. See if you can spot one!
- Bunyip State Park is again a haven of wildlife and amazing scenery.
- There are several free camp grounds to choose from, with sites on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Choose from Nash Creek Campground, Bunyip Weir, Forest Road and the Mortimer Camping Area.
- The park is a great spot to enjoy bush walks, horse and trail bike riding and four wheel driving.
For spectacular coastal camping, look no further than Victoria’s spectacular Mornington Peninsula.
Another great spot on the Mornington Peninsula is Rosebud.
- Rosebud’s camping sites stretch for 10km of sparkling coastline between Rosebud and the seaside village of McCrae.
- Facilities include amenities blocks, grassy areas shaded by large trees, children’s play areas and BBQs. You’ll also be close to the convenience of the local shops and cafes.
- Enjoy the white sand, shallow waters and million dollar views at really reasonable camping rates, and fill your days with swimming, walking, fishing and relaxing!
- You can apply to book a campsite online.
Hiking and walking fun
Lightwood Creek camping area is worth the hike it takes to get there.
- Perfect for those looking to really get away from it all, this secluded spot is located in Greens Bush.
- Be sure to wear your trail walking shoes as this is a walk in campsite, with the closest car park about 1.5km away. It’s part of the Two Bays Trail on the Mornington Peninsula so is perfect for hikers.
- As there’s no toilet facilities or running water here you’ll really get back to nature, so be sure to bring everything you need.
- This idyllic site is popular for swimming, walking and nature study, and is a great spot to unplug and recharge your batteries.
Close and convenient
You’ll feel a million miles away at Kurth Kiln campgrounds, even though it’s just down the road,
- Just a half hour’s drive away in Gembrook, camping is free at Kurth Kiln Picnic and Camping Ground, and sites are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There are three different camping areas to choose from:
- the Scout Loop Track, with 30 numbered sites in a bush setting, and a non-flushing toilet on site
- the adjacent Magazine Track has 6 numbered sites and non-flush toilet
- Heritage Fence has 4 unnumbered sites and shares a non-flush toilet with the Magazine Track area
- Your dog can join you too, as long as you keep him on a lead.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Narre Warren branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 9704 5099, or apply online today!