The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Nerang? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Nerang
Refresh on the farm
Experience the best of farm life out in the bush at Bestbrook Mountain Resort.
- This fun family-run farm stay is less than 2 hour’s drive from Nerang and there’s activities galore to keep you and the kids entertained.
- Learn how to crack a whip or throw a boomerang. You can also enjoy horse riding, feed the animals and take a wagon ride.
- There’s a range of accommodation styles to choose from, including four different bush camp grounds along the banks of Gap Creek.
Go wild amongst the wildlife
Head to the Yarramalong Campgrounds on Reynolds Creek near Boonah. Here you can truly get away from it all!
- This 65 hectare property is just a 90 minute drive from Nerang and has two great camping grounds to choose from.
- Facilities including fireplaces, toilets and hot showers, BBQs and a kiosk.
- Spend your time platypus spotting, canoeing or swimming in the creek, bushwalking or enjoying a hit of table tennis in the hall.
- Check their website for fees and booking details.
Bliss out in the serenity of Darlington Park in the Kerry Valley near Beaudesert.
- Just an hour’s drive from Nerang, this gorgeous campsite is within the world-heritage listed Scenic Rim National Park.
- With tall gum trees and lots of open grassy spaces, you’ll love paddling and fishing in the creek, bushwalking, riding bikes and enjoying ball games.
- Facilities include a kiosk, toilets, fire pits, free electric BBQs and picnic shelters. No showers here, so you can really get back to nature!
- Check their website for rates and details on how to book.
Splash on in
Another great local spot to enjoy water sports in the Lake Moogerah Caravan Park in Boonah.
Get deserted on an island
Chances are you’ve dreamt of running away to live on an island. Try Straddie!
- Camping at Stradbroke Island can make your island dreams come true, for a while at least!
- Getting to Straddie from Nerang is easy. Head to Toondah Harbour in Cleveland, less than an hour’s drive away. From there it’s just a 25 minute ferry ride – you can even take your 4WD with you.
- There’s eight different camping grounds to choose from, and many are right on the beach. Some of them even allow you to bring your dog along.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Nerang branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 1300 10 10 33, or apply online today!