The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Penrith? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Penrith
- The Minto Bush Camp is a great spot for groups.
- Set on over 5 hectares of bushland, the Minto Bush Camp is located alongside the Georges River in Minto Heights.
- You can bring your tent along for traditional style camping, and make use of the amenities block with solar hot water showers.
- There is also bunkhouse style accommodation for up to 30 people. It’s kitted out with a fully equipped kitchen, dining and conference space, and there’s even Wi-fi.
- Grab this handy factsheet for all the details on camping at Minto Bush Camp.
Riverside relaxing – for free!
If you’re after an authentic back to nature camping experience, head to Cox’s River Campsite in the Blue Mountains.
- Less than two hours from Penrith, this free campsite is accessible by 4WD, or just a short walk from your car.
- There are pit toilets and picnic tables, and some fabulous bushwalking including the spectacular Six Foot Track.
- Enjoy swimming in the river, or a spot of fishing.
- This is the perfect spot to get back to nature, and get away from it all.
Get back to nature
You don’t have to travel far to feel a million miles away. Just head to Bents Basin Campground.
- This relaxing, grassy campsite is set in the Bents Basin State Conservation Area, just 40 minutes from Penrith.
- Here you can take your pick of the unpowered campsites. Pitch your tent or bring your caravan or trailer along.
- This campground is perfect for families, or if you’re with a really large group there’s even a commercial style kitchen setup available for hire to make life easier. There’s also a great amenities block with hot showers.
- Activities you can enjoy here include swimming, fishing, hiking such as along the Caleys lookout track, or having a big barbecue with friends and family.
- Grab this handy factsheet for all the details on camping at Bents Basin.
Relax by the river
Enjoy splashing in the sun at the Bonnie Vale campground.
- Less than 90 minutes’ drive from Penrith, this family-friendly campground is located between Bundeena and Maianbar at the northern end of Sydney’s Royal National Park.
- Set by the riverside, the Bonnie Vale campground has a large sand spit that makes it a great swimming spot.
- Although sites here are unpowered, the campground is equipped with flush toilets, hot showers and drinking water.
- Enjoy fishing at nearby Jibbon Beach, picnic or barbecue by the sea, or hike along Royal National Park’s long list of walking tracks.
Head for the harbour
Chances are you’ve dreamt of running away to live on an island.
- Camping on Cockatoo Island can make that dream come true, for a while at least!
- This glamping experience is right in the middle of Sydney’s stunning harbour.
- Enjoy hassle-free camping not far from Penrith. Just head into Sydney city and take a short ferry ride from Circular Quay, and you’re there!
- Your tent is all ready to go for you, kitted out with camp beds, linen, cushions, a lantern and even sun loungers. It’s the perfect romantic or family escape and is great for those short on time.
- You’ll camp right by the water with gorgeous views of the harbour and surrounds.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Penrith branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 4732 6500, or apply online today!