The long Easter weekend is almost here, and chances are you’re in need of a budget break. What better way to get away from it all than trying one of these camping spots near Wollongong? Unplug, unwind and relax while getting back to nature.
Here’s 5 great Easter weekend camping spots near Wollongong
Convenient coastal camping
You don’t need to head any further than Killalea State Park for easy beachside camping.
- This spectacular conservation area is a great coastal spot where you can enjoy hiking and exploring, or relaxing and getting back to nature.
- All it takes is a short 20 minute drive south of Wollongong, between Kiama and Shellharbour.
- You can drive straight into the large, flat and grassy campsites here, for easy unloading and setting up.
- Facilities include hot showers, toilets and camp kitchens, and firewood is available for purchase.
Head a little further south to enjoy the serenity of Eden.
- Nestled away in the valley, the Eden Beachfront Holiday Park enjoys absolute beach frontage.
- Campers can enjoy the convenience of ensuite camp sites, or there’s a range of cabin accommodation to choose from.
- Relax by the ocean or the creek and take in the stunning views, including perhaps dolphins and whales.
- Facilities include a fabulous children’s playground with a jumping pillow, tennis and volleyball courts, and there’s fishing, kayaking, surfing, pedal carts and tennis gear for hire.
Kiama is a kids’ paradise!
Easts Beach Kiama offers the perfect beachside camping experience, with lots of fun for the kids.
- This sheltered beachfront camping and cabin park is also a great starting point for the spectacular Kiama to Gerringong coastal walk.
- There’s a range of powered and ensuite campsites suitable for tents, camper trailers or caravans.
- The fabulous facilities here include amenities blocks, swimming pool, children’s playground and jumping pillow, and tennis courts.
- The kids will have a ball playing and swimming at the beach, or riding their bikes and scooters around the park.
Coledale provides a fabulous beachfront camping experience.
- Operated by the Coledale Surf Club, Coledale beach camp ground is tucked away beneath the Illawarra escarpment.
- This blissful beachside grassy campsite rolls right on the golden sand. Facilities include hot showers, toilets, a powered kitchen, BBQs and laundry.
- This is a great spot to camp while enjoying swimming and surfing at the beach, perhaps some fishing or diving, or just sitting back and enjoying the view.
- Check out their You Tube video for a taste of Coledale camping.
Go wild amongst the wildlife
Get amongst the native animals at Durras Beach.
- Set in the Murramarang National Park and just 5 minutes from beautiful Durras Beach, this sheltered bushland setting offers flat campsites, each with its own fireplace.
- There are plenty of kangaroos lazing about this south coast campground, along with goannas, possums, bandicoots, kookaburras and parrots.
- There’s a modern amenities block with coin operated hot showers and laundry.
- You don’t even have to take your own tent! Check out their Canvas Castlesor even a two roomed Canvas Kingdom. These are fully set up with a tent, chairs, table and stretcher beds – all you have to do is kick back and relax!
- Check out their You Tube video to get a feel for this bush camping experience.
Need some fast cash for your Easter holiday plans?
- While camping is the ultimate budget holiday, perhaps you need some fast extra cash for some new camping gear.
- Whatever you need quick and easy cash for, City Finance can help!
- Pop in and visit our friendly staff at our Wollongong branch for a chat.
- You can also phone us on 4208 3321, or apply online today!