The best ways to get caught up in the action without blowing your budget
The footy finals are here! The Preliminary Finals for both the AFL and NRL are on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 September, with the main event – the big Grand Final – happening for the AFL on Saturday October 1, and NRL on Sunday October 2.
Here’s some great ways you can take in Footy Finals Fever in Logan!
Head to your local pub
Catch all the action on the big sports screens over a drink with mates at your local.
- Hit the Windaroo Tavern to take in all the footy finals action. Their Sports Bar will be screening all the games live, you can grab a great meal in the Bistro, and you can book their courtesy bus to pick you up and get you home afterwards.
- Fitzy’s Loganholme is also a great spot to enjoy your footy. Their sports bar features more than 16 screens so you won’t miss a minute of the action.
- Or enjoy your footy at Parkridge Tavern. They’ve got a great Sports Bar and do some tasty woodfired pizzas – on Saturdays you can grab a pizza and a beer for $10.
- Wherever you are in the Logan area, check out what’s happening at your local pub, and enjoy the footy on the big screen!
Head to your local club
What better place to immerse yourself in footy finals fever than at your nearest club.
- Clubs like the Logan Rec Club are the local home of sport and promise be the ultimate place to be as the finals kick off. With their fabulous Sports Bar, super value prices on food and drinks and a courtesy bus to get you home, you can’t go wrong!
- The Greenbank RSL is another top spot to celebrate footy finals fever. You can take in the game in their huge Sports Bar and deck, the kids will have a ball in the Kids Club and the courtesy bus will get you home safely.
- Or don’t miss all the footy finals action at the Logan Diggers – they’ll be screening all the games in the Fox Sports Bar.
BBQ with your mates
Enjoying the footy finals at home with your mates is the best. The company is great, drinks are cheap, the food plentiful, and you don’t have to worry about how to get home!
- If you’re thinking of hosting a footy finals party, check out this handy guide to hosting a grand final bbq for some great tips that will ensure success. Although it won’t guarantee your team a win, you’re sure to have a fun time!
- The basic rules are – have loads of food, ice, good company and a great TV to watch the action!
- Ask everyone to BYO drinks and some meat for the bbq. This ensures there’s loads for everyone, and keeps the cost down for you as the host.
- Check out this handy Grand Finals Kit for a great planning checklist, ideas and signage.
- Whether you’re hosting or attending a footy finals bbq, get yourself prepared with this tongue-in-cheek guide to the footy bbq rules you need to bear in mind!
Up the ante with a sweep
Get right into the swing of footy finals fever by holding a sweep with your mates.
- Options include first goal scorer, first try scorer or first points scored.
- Use this sweep from a prior season as inspiration to create your own template.
- Decide how much you’re going to throw in for each entry, and how you’ll divide the prize pool.
- Then sit back as the action kicks off, and wait to see who wins!
Get the kids involved
Let the kids get caught up in all the footy finals action too.
So whether you teams wins or loses, you can be sure of having a great time while you soak up the fun of Footy Finals Fever!