Father’s Day is a day to spend with Dad, showing him much you love and appreciate him (even if you are often hitting him up for some cash!).
But the good news is, you don’t have to blow your budget to make Dad’s day. There’s loads of free and cheap ways to celebrate together.
Here’s 7 great ways to celebrate Father’s Day on a budget
Set the scene for a sporting tournament
- Whatever Dad’s favourite sport, what better way to celebrate Father’s Day on a budget than with a family match?
- Grab the family and head to your local field or court for your very own match.
- You could even make this a joint event with extended family or some friends, pack a picnic and make a day out of it.
Hit the boardroom
- Well, the living room that is – to play Dad’s favourite board game.
- Whether Dad’s a trivia buff, champion detective at Cluedo or loves being banker for Monopoly, have some board game fun together.
- You could really make Dad’s day by letting him win!
- Take Dad on a camping trip and enjoy a night under the stars.
- Grab your camping gear or borrow some from a friend, and head to a campground near you.
- Getting back to nature and celebrating the simple things in a life is a great way to connect with Dad.
Movie night mania
- You don’t need to spend a fortune on cinema tickets and candy bar snacks.
- Bring the cinema to you with a movie night that has all the comforts of home.
- If you don’t have Dad’s favourite movie on DVD, your local library is sure to, for free.
Tell him to take a hike
- We often forget it, but the best things in life are free! Get out and enjoy the great outdoors with Dad.
- Wherever you live, there’s bound to be some beautiful bushwalks nearby.
- Whether it’s a seaside stroll or climbing a mountain together, take a hike with Dad and enjoy getting back to nature together.
Take a tour through history
- Chances are, Dad enjoys talking about the good old days.
- Indulge Dad’s passion for history by taking a trip to a local museum or some historical monuments together.
- He’ll love sharing and chatting about his interests with you.
Laze about lakeside
- What better way to kick back and relax together than by spending a few hours fishing?
- Throw in a line each at your favourite spot and enjoy the serenity.
- You might even catch yourselves a free feed for dinner!
However you celebrate Father’s Day on a budget, the important thing is that you spend it together, doing something Dad loves.
Happy Father’s Day to Dads everywhere, from all the team at City Finance!