It’s that time of year again. Time to celebrate all things footy!
Whether you follow the AFL or NRL, footy season is upon us.
Here’s some budget busting ways to take in all the action of Footy Fever
Head to your local pub
Catch all the action on the big sports screens over a drink with mates at your local.
- With large screens that will ensure you won’t miss a minute of the footy season action, you can also soak in all the atmosphere in the beer garden.
Head to your local club
- What better place to immerse yourself in footy fever than at your nearest club. Head to the closest RSL or Football club and support your footy team whilst also supporting your local community! Grab a cheap and tasty meal from the bistro and kick back while you watch the game.
BBQ with your mates
Save a stack of cash and skip the worry about how to get home after a few drinks. Host a footy finals party at home!
- Check out this handy guide to hosting a footy bbq. There’s some practical and money saving tips that will ensure success.
- If you do want to whip up some tasty treats for your guests, check out these fabulous footy food ideas.
- Ask everyone to BYO drinks and some meat for the bbq. This ensures there’s loads for everyone, and keeps the cost down for you as the host.
- The basic rules are – have loads of food, ice, good company and a great TV to watch the action!
Get the kids involved
So, whether you team wins or loses, you can be sure of having a great time while you soak up the fun of Footy Fever.