We all know how hard – make that almost impossible – it can be at times to speak to a real, live person at Centrelink. When you need to give Centrelink a call, prepare to settle in for very long wait! Forget the on-hold queue! Register for an account with Centrelink online, and jump on the net to tick these tasks off your To-Do list.
Here’s the top 6 things you can do online with Centrelink
Suss out what you’re eligible for
- Not sure what Centrelink benefits and services you might be eligible for?
- Use the Payment and Service Finder to outline your situation and explore what payments you might be able to receive.
Make a claim
Track your funds
- Trying to manage your cash, but not sure when your next Centrelink payment is due?
- Jump onto your Centrelink online account to find out when it’s due and how much cash you’ll receive.
- Download the handy Express Plus Centrelink mobile app to find out even faster!
Reporting made easy
- Many Centrelink benefit recipients need to regularly report their income to make sure their payments are correct.
- It’s easy to report your income using your Centrelink online account or the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
- Jump online anywhere, anytime and have it done in a flash!
- It’s a great idea to set report reminders in your phone or diary so you don’t miss your reporting due date.
Change your details
- If you have moved house, nabbed a new job, are changing or finishing courses or are taking an overseas holiday, you need to let Centrelink know.
- Jump online and update your details quickly and easily.
Get the answers to all of your burning questions!
- Centrelink have a handy and active social media tools that can answer any questions you might have. They will also keep you up to date on any changes.
- Follow Student Update on Facebook or @studentupdateau on Twitter.
- You can use these profiles to ask Centrelink a question – just remember to keep your details private.
But wait – there’s more!
Find out what else you can do online using Centrelink self-service.