Ways you can volunteer your time and talents
Got a little spare time on your hands? Whether you’re unemployed, a student, or retired, chances are you know what it feels like to be down on your luck. But we all have something to we can offer the more needy members of our local Central Coast community – our time.
Volunteering is more than your opportunity to help make the world a better place. It can help you to feel happy and fulfilled knowing you’re making a real difference. You’ll meet amazing people, build work experience and learn valuable new skills.
Here’s some great ways you can help others in the Gosford area
Keen to volunteer but not sure where to start?
- Get in touch with the fabulous people at Volunteering Central Coast.
- They run helpful Bridge to Volunteering sessions in Gosford, North Gosford, Woy Woy, The Entrance, Wyong and Kanwal.
- They can then interview you to link you with volunteer roles best suited to your talents.
- And check out the nifty Timebanking system, which allows you to exchange your volunteer services with others in the Central Coast community – everything from dog walking to tutoring!
Love thy neighbour
- Take the time to get to know your neighbours and exchange a smile and hello each day. And if you haven’t seen a neighbour in a while, drop by to check that they’re ok.
- If you have an elderly, disabled or unwell neighbour, perhaps you could pop their bins out and check their mail for them.
- Build a happy, connected neighbourhood – celebrate Neighbour Day this Sunday 26th March! Organise an event in your street – grab your free kit here!
Fun and fitness for kids
The PCYC in Umina Beach aim to give kids the opportunities they need to become great adults,
- Volunteers like you can help deliver sport, recreation and leadership development programs. They’re also always after assistance with admin, customer service and property maintenance.
- You can get some valuable workplace skills and help support Central Coast youth to reach their full potential!
- To get involved, contact the PCYC in Umina Beach.
Help the homeless
- Get involved with local organisations who provide meals and support services to those around the Gosford area who are homeless or at risk.
- Groups you can donate your time to include Coast Shelter in North Gosford, Homeless No More in Budgewoi and the Central Coast Outreach Centre.
- These services are always looking for more generous volunteers to help them to help those most in need in our community.
Got a passion for sport? Get involved with your local Central Coast sports club.
- Sports of all codes are always looking for volunteers to help out with committees, grounds maintenance, coaching and managing teams.
- Love football? The Central Coast Mariners run a great volunteer program.
- Whatever sport you have a passion for, from netball or Little Athletics, soccer to mountain biking, contact your local club for info on how you can volunteer.
Meals on Wheels
- Whether it’s cooking in the community kitchen, driving or delivering meals to those in need, join the thousands of volunteers who support the valuable Meals on Wheels service.
- This service is not only about delivering delicious, nutritious meals to those in need – it’s as much about being a smiling, friendly face and providing valuable social interaction.
- To help out, contact Meals on Wheels Central Coast in Tuggerah.
And many more!
- Sites like Go Volunteer list loads of local volunteer positions in the Central Coast area.
Get involved and start making a positive difference in your local Gosford community today!