Ways you can volunteer your time and talents
Got a little spare time on your hands? Whether you’re unemployed, a student, or retired, chances are you know what it feels like to be down on your luck. But we all have something to we can offer the more needy members of our local Narre Warren community – our time.
Volunteering is more than your opportunity to help make the world a better place. It can help you to feel happy and fulfilled knowing you’re making a real difference. You’ll meet amazing people, build work experience and learn valuable new skills.
Here’s some great ways you can help others in the local Narre Warren community
Keen to volunteer but not sure where to start?
- Check out the City of Casey’s Volunteering Information There’s lots of great info and tips for those looking to volunteer, along with info on community organisations who could use your help.
- And their handy Volunteer Matcher website is a one-stop portal for volunteering in the Narre Warren area.
Love thy neighbour
- Take the time to get to know your neighbours and exchange a smile and hello each day. And if you haven’t seen a neighbour in a while, drop by to check that they’re ok.
- If you have an elderly, disabled or unwell neighbour, perhaps you could pop their bins out and check their mail for them.
- Build a happy, connected neighbourhood – celebrate Neighbour Day this Sunday 26th March! Organise an event in your street – grab your free kit here!
Fun and fitness for kids
The PCYC aim to give kids the opportunities they need to become great adults,
- Volunteers like you can help deliver sport, recreation and leadership development programs. They’re also always after assistance with admin, customer service and property maintenance.
- You can get some valuable workplace skills and help support Narre Warren youth to reach their full potential!
- To get involved, contact the PCYC in St Kilda.
Help the homeless
- Get involved with local organisations who provide meals and support services to those around the local Narre Warren community area who are homeless or at risk.
- Groups you can donate your time to include Sacred Heart Mission, Homeground Services and Melbourne City Mission.
- These services are always looking for more generous volunteers to help them to help those most in need in our community.
Got a passion for sport? Get involved with your local Narre Warren sports club.
- Check out the Do Something Near You site. Here you’ll find listings from sports of all codes looking for volunteers to help out with committees, grounds maintenance, coaching and managing teams.
- Whatever sport you have a passion for, from netball or Little Athletics, soccer to mountain biking, contact your local club for info on how you can volunteer.
Meals on Wheels
- Whether it’s cooking in the community kitchen, driving or delivering meals to those in need, join the thousands of volunteers who support the valuable Meals on Wheels service.
- This service is not only about delivering delicious, nutritious meals to those in need – it’s as much about being a smiling, friendly face and providing valuable social interaction.
- To help out, contact the City of Casey’s Meals on Wheels service.
And many more!
- Sites like Go Volunteer list loads of volunteer positions in the local Narre Warren community.
Get involved and start making a positive difference in your local Narre Warren community today!