On your bike!
Whether you like to take a leisurely weekend cycle with the family, use your bike to get around town daily, or are a serious cyclist with a passion for long rides, Wollongong has a lot to offer cyclists.
Benefits of cycling
Jumping on your bike has loads of benefits, including
- building fitness and strength
- saving you cash on vehicle, fuel and registration expenses
- getting you out of the traffic
- letting you enjoy and take in your gorgeous surrounds
- quiet, pollution free and kind to the environment
Planning your cycle around the Gong
To make the most of using your bike to get around time, it’s important to take the time to plan your ride before you set out.
Get social with your cycling
It’s a good idea to learn how to do safety checks and maintenance on your own bike.
- Bicycle NSW run Bike Maintenance Workshops which will teach you handy tips to maintain and conduct safety checks on your bike and cycling equipment.
- And to be sure you know how to ride smart and keep yourself safe, check this guide to road rules for cyclists.
Keen to take your cycling to another level?
If cycling is a passion that you’re keen to share with like-minded mates, then get in touch with a local cycling club.
- Try the Illawarra Bicycle Users Group or the Illawarra Cycle Club.
- These fun community clubs offer quality training, run club championships and race events, social events and much more.
- So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, they can help you take your cycling to the next level.
Why not become a member?
- If you’re keen to formalise your membership of the cycling fraternity, then think about joining Bicycle NSW.
- You’ll get access to some great cycling events, insurance cover and legal advice, discounts and more.
So go on – jump on your bike, and get riding!