Keep the kids entertained without busting your budget
School holidays are here again! Keeping the kids entertained can be exhausting – and expensive. And if you’re unemployed or trying to get by on a low income, keeping the kids entertained on your tight budget can be a real challenge.
Beat boredom without needing to blow a load of cash on expensive outings and entertainment – here’s some fun, free or cheap ideas!
Free and creative library fun
Check out the awesome free kid’s activities hosted by Logan City Council Libraries.
- Activities for primary school aged kids include author and illustrator workshops, craft sessions including making paper landscapes, puppets and balloon animals, chess classes and a family gardening workshop.
- For the older kids, there’s teen jewellery and candle holder making, giant chess and board games sessions.
- The Library After Dark sessions are family and gaming nights of movies, games and craft.
- And there’s also a range of free day and night movie screenings.
- Check the program for location and booking details.
Spring into some active outdoor fun
Get the kids off their devices and into some active outdoor fun, thanks to Movement Monkeys.
- This week long program for 4 – 13 year olds offers top sports coaching, learning, skills development and fun.
- At a low cost of just over $25 a day, kids participate in a variety of sports and exciting activities from 9am – 3pm daily.
- Check out the full program and range of locations, and register before spots fill up.
Nothing wears the kids out better than a fun day by the water.
- Spring into the warmer weather and explore Logan’s beautiful wetlands.
- The Berrinba wetlands is a top spot for a day that’s sure to wear the kids out. There’s 8.5 kilometres of walkways and bike tracks around the site to enjoy.
- Pack some cold drinks and snacks in the Esky, and the kids will be both happy and well fed, and your day out needn’t cost you a cent.
- Or dive right in to one of Logan’s many aquatic centres, and splash into some fun this Spring.
Hit the park
It doesn’t get much simpler – or cheaper! – than heading to your local park for hours of fun!
- Parks are a free, fun way to get the kids off your back and work off all of that excess energy!
- Throw some snacks and scooters into the car and get exploring – why not use the Logan parks directory to venture to a new spot?
- Don’t forget to pack yourself a picnic rug and a book – if you’re lucky, you might even get a few moments peace to relax and enjoy the sunshine!
On your bike!
Once the kids have had enough of the park and are ready for a change of scene, hit the bike path!
KRANK is a school holiday program run by Logan City Council, offering a huge variety of free and low cost activities for kids aged from 5 to 17 years.
- The program for primary school kids includes photography, craft, dance, music and sports sessions – and even a Pokemon picnic!
- For the teens, there’s go karting, skateboarding, cooking, music, dance, craft, sports and more.
- Most activities are free, and spots fill fast – so register today.