Fun and romantic Valentine’s Day dates on a budget
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to show your special someone how much they mean to you. But that can be pretty tough to do when you’re on a tight budget, a low income or receiving Centrelink benefits.
You don’t have to feel like a cheapskate this Valentine’s Day!
Here are some free and low-cost ways to romance your special someone
Delight them by dining in
- You know the saying – the way to their heart is through their tummy!
- Delight your Valentine by going to the time and trouble of preparing a romantic home-cooked meal for two at home.
- Check out these yummy Valentine’s Day recipe ideas for inspiration.
- You’ll save a stack of cash by skipping the expensive restaurant prices – and avoid the crowds!
- If you don’t trust your cooking skills and insist on dining out for Valentine’s Day, be sure to bring your own wine.
- Alcohol can easily double your restaurant bill. Save cash by dining somewhere that allows BYO.
- Check online discount sites for heavily discounted dining deals for Valentine’s Day.
- You can also make some big cash savings by choosing an early bird dining session.
Pack a picnic
- Pack a romantic picnic for two.
- Head to a nearby lookout, park or special spot, and have a cheap and hassle free outing enjoying each other’s company.
Give your Valentine some alone time
- Don’t take this personally – but perhaps what your Valentine would really love is some alone time?
- This might be especially true if they’re always really busy caring for others or working.
- Surprise them with a tranquil and relaxing bubble bath, and their favourite book or magazine to unwind with.
The best things in life are free!
Give the gift of your time and talents. Nothing says “I love you” more than a DIY gift.
- Make their day, all day! Hide little love notes about the place for your Valentine to discover throughout the day.
- Create a homemade booklet of love coupons, for your Valentine to redeem for treats like breakfast in bed, a candlelit home-cooked dinner, a foot massage. You’re only limited by your imagination!
- Don’t splash all of your cash at the florist. Make your own bouquet of wildflowers.
- Or go sky high and make a balloon bouquet. Grab a packet of balloons and some ribbon and tie them together into a bouquet for your Valentine.
- Sweets for your sweetheart – make your Valentine a big jar of their favourite sweets and treats, wrapped with a big red bow and topped with a love note.
Need some fast cash to romance your Valentine?
- If you’d still like to treat your Valentine to a special gift and need quick and easy access to some fast cash, City Finance can help.
- Just pop in and visit our friendly staff at your local City Finance branch for a chat, or apply online now!