Where to kick back and enjoy some tunes
Whether you’re young or old, into heavy metal, jazz or house beats – everyone loves music. And there’s nothing better than enjoying your tunes live and soaking up that feel-good vibe. Being on a tight budget or a low income can put expensive concert tickets out of reach. Fortunately, there’s plenty of other ways to enjoy live music around the Gold Coast.
Here’s where you can enjoy live music around the Gold Coast
Get your live music fix for nix
- Check out this online Gold Coast gig guide, or perhaps this one here or this Surfers Paradise gig guide, for upcoming live music performances.
- There’s free live music and entertainment in Surfers Paradise’s Cavill Lane every Friday and Saturday night from 6pm – 9pm. Head on down and take in some tunes for free!
- With a cutting edge sound and lighting system, the Surfers Paradise Beergarden also has live bands performing every Thursday through Sunday.
- Southport Sharks have free live music every night of the week. They showcase everything from soul, blues, funk, rock n roll, hip hop, pop, reggae and tribute acts.
The pub scene
- Head to O’Malleys at Surfers Paradise to take in some classic pub rock every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 8pm.
- The Broadbeach Tavern have live bands every Thursday through to Sunday, across a wide range of music styles and tastes, so there’s something there for everyone.
- If it’s jazz that makes your heart sing, then head for the bright lights of the Gold Coast City Jazz Club.
- They host a range of acclaimed performers at Southport Bowls Club and you can save on ticket prices by becoming a club member.
- The Arts Centre Gold Coast also hosts free live jazz on Sundays, so you can kick back and get your groove on without spending a cent!
- Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself!
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
- Head to Southport Sharks on Thursday nights from 7:30pm to grab the mic and become a rock star! It’s free, and there’s also prizes up for grabs.
- The Tune-Up Bar in Surfers Paradise has karaoke action from 8:30pm, 7 nights a week!
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!), but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Gold Coast area, you might catch some big names performing at the Gold Coast Exhibition and Convention Centre, or Brisbane’s The Tivoli or the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around the Gold Coast.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
There are plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove. Hit the town and enjoy some live music around the Gold Coast today!