Where to kick back and enjoy some tunes
Whether you’re young or old, into heavy metal, jazz or house beats – everyone loves music. And there’s nothing better than enjoying your tunes live and soaking up that feel-good vibe. Being on a tight budget or a low income can put expensive concert tickets out of reach. Fortunately, there’s plenty of other ways to enjoy live music around Gosford and the Central Coast.
Here’s where you can enjoy live music around Gosford
Get your live music fix for nix
- To find out when gigs are happening and where there is live music around Gosford and the Central Coast, check out the Central Coast Gig Guide which lets you search for gigs by day of the week.
- There’s also this great guide to upcoming concerts and live music events around the Central Coast.
The club and pub scene
- Head to the Elanora Hotel in East Gosford a live music fix. On Friday nights they have the Elly Sessions, and Saturdays are a mix of rock and pop duos, karaoke bands and DJs.
- The Kincumber Pub has free live music every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. They also host regular weekend music festivals. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for upcoming gig dates.
- The Bayview Hotel in Woy Woy has live music every Thursday and Saturday night, and Sunday afternoons from 3pm. Check their website for line-up details.
- The Terrigal Hotel does live music every Friday and Saturday night from 7:30 – 10:30pm, as well as on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
- And head to the Avoca Beach Hotel for a great array of local and touring artists, and open mic nights! You can catch live music there most Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- If it’s jazz that makes your heart sing, then head to the Central Coast Leagues Club in Gosford.
- They host free live jazz every Sunday afternoon from 2pm to 5pm in the Scenic Lounge.
- With a different jazz artist playing every week, this is a fun and family friendly affair.
- Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself!
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
- Head to the Bayview Hotel in Woy Woy on Friday nights to grab the mic and become a rock star!
- There’s also weekly Thursday night karaoke at The Elanora Hotel in East Gosford, or check out Karaoke Seeker for other karaoke nights near you.
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!), but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Gosford and Central Coast area, you might catch some big names performing at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre, at some of the big vineyards in the Hunter Valley, or at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium or Qudos Bank Arena.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around Gosford.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
With plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove, hit the town and enjoy some live music around the Central Coast today!