Where to kick back and enjoy some tunes
Whether you’re young or old, into heavy metal, jazz or house beats – everyone loves music. And there’s nothing better than enjoying your tunes live and soaking up that feel-good vibe. Being on a tight budget or a low income can put expensive concert tickets out of reach. Fortunately, there’s plenty of other ways to enjoy live music around Midland, Ellenbrook and Guildford area.
Here’s where you can enjoy live music around Midland
Get your live music fix for nix
- To find out when and where live music gigs are happening around Midland and the Middle Swan area, check out this Perth Gig Guide.
- There’s also this great guide to upcoming gigs and live music events around Midland and Perth.
The club and pub scene
- Head to 7Th Ave Bar in Midland for their free live music Sundays. Enjoy the chilled out acoustic vibes and tunes from 1 – 4pm every Sunday.
- The Principal Brewing Company in Midland put on a great free live music show every Friday night, making this a great spot to kick off the weekend.
- The Laneway Lounge in Perth have free live music every weekend, and an open mic night coming up on Tuesday nights.
- The Cork & Bottle in Bassendean are regular hosts to free live music evenings, and also feature a range of board games for you and your mates to enjoy a cheap and fun night out.
- The Henley Brook has a great line-up of free live music acts to enjoy, check their website for the full upcoming gig listing.
- If it’s jazz that makes your heart sing, then head to the Ellington Jazz Club in Perth. Their jam-packed gig line-up has a huge range of great performers and gigs are at budget-friendly prices.
- Or spend your Sunday afternoons at the Commercial Hotel in Midland, who host the Jazz WA Sunday Jam Sessions.
- Go along and watch both new and established jazz and blues artists take to the stage from 1pm.
- Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself!
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
- Head to the 7th Ave Bar in Midland to grab the mic and become a rock star! They have free karaoke from 8:30pm on Saturday nights.
- Or check out this guide to some of the best karaoke spots around the Midland area.
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!), but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Midland area you might catch some big names performing at the Perth Arena, and the soon to be completed Perth Stadium.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around Midland.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
With plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove, hit the town and enjoy some live music around Midland, Bellevue and Caversham today!