Where to kick back and enjoy some tunes
Whether you’re young or old, into heavy metal, jazz or house beats – everyone loves music. And there’s nothing better than enjoying your tunes live and soaking up that feel-good vibe. Being on a tight budget or a low income can put expensive concert tickets out of reach. Fortunately, there’s plenty of other ways to enjoy live music around Morayfield, Bribie Island and Caboolture area.
Here’s where you can enjoy live music around Morayfield
Get your live music fix for nix
The club and pub scene
- Head to the Caboolture Sports Club for free live music no less than 5 days a week! There’s live bands and tribute acts every Friday and Saturday night , some great soloists on Thursday nights and Sunday afternoons, and free daytime shows every Wednesday and one Monday a month.
- In Deception Bay, head to the Deception Bay Tavern. With plenty of live music to suit a wide range of music styles and tastes, there’s something there for everyone.
- The Beachmere RSL also play host to a range of regular live music performances.
- There’s free live music every Friday and Saturday night at the Bribie Island RSL, as well as some great daytime and midweek performances.
- Also on Bribie Island, the Sandstone Point Hotel hosts some great gigs with many of the big names.
- If it’s jazz that makes your heart sing, then the Sandstone Point Hotel on Bribie island has that covered too. Their free Jazz by the Jetty event lets you laze about on the grass while enjoying some great jazz tunes.
- Further south, the Arts Centre Gold Coast hosts free live jazz on Sundays, so you can kick back and get your groove on without spending a cent!
- Bring a few laughs to your live music experience by creating it yourself!
- Karaoke is always a fun night out with mates. Whether you’re brave enough to take to the stage or prefer the role of adoring (or horrified!) fan, the live music laughs are guaranteed.
- Head to Deception Bay Tavern on Saturday nights from 8:30pm for Krazy Kath’s Karaoke. Grab the mic and become a rock star!
- There’s also monthly karaoke night at Beachmere RSL – check their website for dates.
The big gigs
- Sure, you might need to stretch your budget a little (or perhaps a lot!), but sometimes a big name comes along and you’ve just gotta find a way to be there.
- Around the Morayfield area, you might catch some big names performing at the Gold Coast Exhibition and Convention Centre, or Brisbane’s The Tivoli or the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.
- Try your luck on some discounted last minute tickets. Head to Lasttix to check out what cheap tickets are on offer around Morayfield.
- But be warned about buying dodgy tickets online. If the ticket you purchase from an unauthorised seller isn’t genuine, you’re likely to be refused admission to the gig. You’re essentially throwing your cold hard cash down the drain!
With plenty of free and cheap options to get into the groove, hit the town and enjoy some live music around Morayfield today!